multiple posts

Tell us how to make this service better.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

multiple posts

Postby Fred » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:38 pm

I've noticed serval users tend to post the same message in multiple parts of this forum. Readers WILL see your post so you DO NOT have to post multiple times under each heading. Also, it is harder for you to get an answer if you post a question six times. That makes 6 places to check if you got an answer. no?

thank you
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:37 am

Fred, why don't admins use their thread moving abilities to move threads to more appropriate areas of the board?? I know this won't solve the problem of double topics, but if the thread keeps getting moved to the same spot maybe they'll realize that they should just put it in one spot in the first place.

I find that the thread movings don't happen very much at all. For example, why is there a thread about climbing in Ontario in the NS fourm?? There are a few users in Ontario using this board, and I think they'd be more likely to check the General secton than the NS section.

I know on RC.com when a thread gets moved a link remains on the original section to the post, can you do it the same way on this board?
granite_grrl

Postby Fred » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:40 pm

the simple answer is... I don't moderate the NS forum since CNS chose to abandon their old forum to move to this one. They want a forum that is self contained. So I don't move topics in our out of that section of the forum.

Anywhere else, I move the threads. usualy.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions Box / Site News