advertising on this site?

Tell us how to make this service better.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Would you be ok with having small 'climbing' related advertising banners on the main page of this website?

yes
94%
no
6%

Total votes : 18

advertising on this site?

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:56 pm

My site hosting fees will soon be due and I've been thinking of ways to have retailers pay for advertising which would cover the cost of dues. Does anyone object to having SMALL (say 1"x2") links/logos at the bottom of the main page? These would be climbing related only and limited in number. There would be no spam or pop-ups of any sort attached.

This is only a suggestion and I'm trying to get a feel to see what you guys think.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby vbpad » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:00 pm

wouldn't mind there's a couple boards out there that also have google ads on their page very discreet and even advertise according to content on that page.
vbpad

Postby The Teth » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:49 am

Discreet targeted advertising is far less annoying than that random choss. I think it is the way of the future in advertising (or at least I hope). A link to a gear store’s web page might actually be useful, and if it helps pay the bills I say go for it. If it is appropriate and not excessive, then I don’t have a problem with it.

Teth
The Teth

Postby thicks » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:46 am

vbpad wrote:wouldn't mind there's a couple boards out there that also have google ads on their page very discreet and even advertise according to content on that page.

Totally agree. And if anyone really feels negatively against the idea then I suggest they pay the hosting fees. But I dont mean to come off as so argumentative though, especially when nobody seems to be arguing.
Thicks
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby martha » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:31 am

What is your problem Tyler? why do you always have to start so many fights?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Fred » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:52 pm

You'll now see a sample of the format I'm thinking of for the adds. This is only a test. The banners/adds will be designed for a white mat. Meaning... they will not be allowed to have a large black blob but rather a discreet logo that blends in with white. Example --> the Trailshop logo on Zig's website. http://ns.bouldering.ca
Fred
Site Admin

Postby dcentral » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:39 am

psst.... it's ad.
dcentral

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:10 am

I have a business propostion for whoever is interested. I don't have the time to keep chassing advertising accounts. I've been successfull in landing one gig but need help to find more.

If you want to make $$$$. Drop me a PM. Basicaly, you find advertising for this site and I pay you (share profits so the more money you get from advertisers the more money you make).
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions Box / Site News