Meta names

Tell us how to make this service better.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Meta names

Postby Fred » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:17 am

I need help from someone who is familiar with web developing.

If you view the source code on the index page of this forum... is the "Meta Keywords" syntax correct.

The site still don't seem to show up using keywords in google but the site is listed if you search for the domain.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:47 pm

they look ok to me, except that you don't need a comma after every word, ie., "new, brunswick," should just be "new brunswick," but that shoudlnt' matter for the climbing terms....

not sure how often google does its webcrawls... have the keywords been in there long enough? ie., since you started the site?

disclaimer*** i am not a web developer *** :)

Postby Fred » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 pm

yup

they've been in there since I started this site

I would have thought they would show up by now
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:16 pm

Well, I think they are fine, except you are missing "content-type: description" I think. I also think you missed out the word "eastern".

Anyway, make sure people put up links to your site, and be patient.. it takes quite a while. If it doesn't show up in google... it's not meant to!

Be Patient. It'll show up eventually....
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:46 pm

yah, actually i've seen links to your old site in a few places... maybe update those links (rc.com, etc) would be a start.

Postby dcentral » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:56 pm

What words do you want the message board to come up on when someone searches on goggle?

It can be really frustrating process trying to get someone's site to come up on google.
dcentral

Postby The Mitt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:38 pm

One of the problems with PHPBB is that google sees the code and rarely crawls it. Has it been crawled lately. It would be in your server logs. Are you running apache? if you are check your config file and make sure you donot have something that tells robots to go away. The more sites that get crawled that have a link to this site will also move this site up on searches.

Sean K
The Mitt

Postby dcentral » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:43 pm

Also redoing your title will also help. If you put Climb Eastern Canada into google its number three.

So if you want other search terms to come up try rephrasing that and it will help a lot as well.
dcentral

Return to Suggestions Box / Site News