Dear Mods

Tell us how to make this service better.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Dear Mods

Postby Diamox » Sat May 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Would someone delete those "out of place posts" and the users who posted them please.

Peter
Diamox

Postby The Mitt » Sat May 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Done, sorry just got in from my trip to Mexico :)

Mitt
The Mitt

Re: Dear Mods

Postby martha » Sun May 13, 2007 5:41 pm

Diamox wrote:Would someone delete those "out of place posts" and the users who posted them please.

Peter

man, like everyone one else.....we were out climbing/camping this weekend... sorry if the spam built up a bit over saturday/sunday....but it happens. :)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Re: Dear Mods

Postby granite_grrl » Mon May 14, 2007 7:07 am

martha wrote:
Diamox wrote:Would someone delete those "out of place posts" and the users who posted them please.

Peter

man, like everyone one else.....we were out climbing/camping this weekend... sorry if the spam built up a bit over saturday/sunday....but it happens. :)

Ditto here, out climbing all weekend. I never really got on the computer at home. Sorry.
granite_grrl

Postby Fred » Mon May 14, 2007 9:37 am

We are still looking for MODS with programing and web security type experience to help us out. I'm sure there are ways to reduce the spam but it is beyond my capabilities. Anyone out there want to give us a hand?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby dcentral » Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm

have you looked into switching to a Vanilla Messageboard?

http://getvanilla.com/

The code is a lot clearer, it has a better style and so many plugins. It's awesome. i think there's away to switch the database over from phpBB.

I set one up for my sar group it's so easy. It comes really bare bones but like I said there's a lot of features you can add. And it's a lot easier to style.

I can't really comment on how Spam effects it with public sign up -- since I have set where I have to approve everyone. But I don't really want joe-q in my site.
dcentral

Postby Fred » Mon May 14, 2007 7:38 pm

hm. I'll have to give that a test on the side and see how it works. My main concern is spam. I'm hesitant to move away from phpbb2 though since everyone is used to the format. Have you heard if phpbb3 is out yet?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby dcentral » Mon May 14, 2007 10:22 pm

yeah the format is a little different then phpbb. But really it's a lot better and if you like this format you don't really loose it.

There's a tab for Groups so you can go directly to a page that lists Nova Scotia, NB, etc and then you can sort that way or you can use the discussions page which is really nice becuase it shows all the most recent posts for all groups, or ones you want to appear there.

I really like that feature cuts down on a lot of clicking.

I don't really now anything about phpbb3. Sorry, I've never really liked phpBB it's always seemed to bloated.

One thing I will say about vanilla. There's a guy in his mid 50's in our group who's not that technically savy and he's been using it no problem with out any instruction.
dcentral

Return to Suggestions Box / Site News