Spam Account Removal and Prevention

Tell us how to make this service better.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Spam Account Removal and Prevention

Postby Scott W » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:35 am

Fred,

I'm just getting back onto this forum now, and noticed some threads on spam in the suggestion box forum, then I noticed 2 new spam accounts in the past few hours, so it seems to be an ongoing problem.

This might be a bit late coming, but http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 1&t=427852 seems to be a good resource for getting most of the bogus accounts under control.

I know what a thankless task running a forum can be, both for the admins and mods, as I've suffered through admining MyBB(4 releases in 6 days due to exploits).

If you haven't already read this info, I hope that this makes your job a bit easier.

Scott
Scott W
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:45 pm

excellent man!! thx :)

now how can I get you to help us resolve some of those issues? hehe
You must be carefull showing too much knowledge around here. You're likely to be given a shovel to help out. hehe

thx again
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Scott W » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:07 pm

I could probably do a bit here and there. Not sure how you feel about giving out admin access though ;) . Drop me a PM...

Nate, Kate, Ben, and some other former BG people can confirm that I'm actually a real person and not a robot.
Scott W
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:06 pm

For some reason I can't seem to send PM messages lately. Anyone else experienced the same thing???

Scott,

I'll send you an email.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby thicks » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:58 pm

Scott W wrote:Nate, Kate, Ben, and some other former BG people can confirm that I'm actually a real person and not a robot.

LOL
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Return to Suggestions Box / Site News