Posting Photos

Tell us how to make this service better.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Posting Photos

Postby Fred » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi all. I've just realized that everyone has the ability to post photos in their threads without needing their own personal web storage space.

simply use the attachment feature at the bottom of any new message. Like this:
Attachments
musara_ruins.jpg
Spain
musara_ruins.jpg (206.85 KiB) Viewed 8765 times
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Posting Photos

Postby chossmonkey » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:48 am

Yeah, that's a cool feature. I'm pretty sure I saw it a while ago but I didn't have anything to post a photo about so I never tried it.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Charley » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:50 pm

I have some photos of the Quarry and of Waterfall Wall and Cave Fever I'd like to post from this past weekend, but the files are way too big and I'm not sure how to size them down for the Ice Reports thread. Any suggestions?

Jen
-Wo xiang mei er, mei xin, bian shi tou-
Charley

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Charley wrote:I have some photos of the Quarry and of Waterfall Wall and Cave Fever I'd like to post from this past weekend, but the files are way too big and I'm not sure how to size them down for the Ice Reports thread. Any suggestions?

Jen

Go to Photobucket and make an account. It is free. You can down load your full sized photos onto your account and it will resize them for you. From there you can copy the photo from the site back to your computer or just do the easy thing and link the photo to here from Photobucket.

Go HERE if you need help linking or posting your pics.

Hope that helps.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Andrew » Sun May 17, 2009 5:29 pm

I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7. It's old, but it is simple and does the job. You can resize your photos, crop them, edit them, etc. It's a poor-person's Photoshop program.

Microsoft Office also has an application to resize many photos at a time, mostly to prepare them for the web. Easy and no extra cost if you already have it.

You could also search google for Free Photos editing applications.

If you have an Apple Macintosh based computer, you could use iLife Suite's iPhoto. Very easy and fast.

Just some ideas.
Andrew

Return to Suggestions Box / Site News