Site Sponsor

Tell us how to make this service better.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Site Sponsor

Postby *Chris* » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Ever notice that ClimbHighOutlet.com sponsors this Canadian forum site yet they won't sell or ship to Canadians? I actually just clicked the banner at the bottom of the site to go check out a sale they're having on shells. Was bummed to find out I was S.O.L. Well, actually, I found it more funny than disappointing. I hope they're happy with how they spend their ad dollars.
*Chris*

Re: Site Sponsor

Postby Fred » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Keep on clicking Chris!!!

Every time you do, it helps pay for this website. The ads are random through Google Ads. I suspect they crawl the site to find related words and context and choose the ads appropriately. And this website is hosted on a *.com address on a server probably based in the US. I suspect the system doesn't know it's a Canadian website. We've managed to pull in about $200 since we started the ads so it certainly helps to pay for the website. Not all of it but a good part of it.

Are the ads still ok with everyone or do they make the site look too commercial? I agreed I wouldn't let the site look like a billboard so I'll need help from the audience to let me know if we're headed that way...

cheers all
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby *Chris* » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:10 pm

Personally, I don't mind a bit. If they bring in some cash to keep the site running then they are totally worthwhile. Either way it's your baby. I don't even notice them.
*Chris*

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Fred wrote:Are the ads still ok with everyone or do they make the site look too commercial? I agreed I wouldn't let the site look like a billboard so I'll need help from the audience to let me know if we're headed that way...

cheers all

They are/were barely noticeable.

I actually thought you took them off. I meant to ask what happened to them but kept forgetting or didn't have time. I just realized we put ad blocker on our computer a few weeks back. :oops: This was the only site I normally clicked them on. I unblocked them now so I'm back in business. :D
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Fred » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:51 pm

yeah they changed from barely noticeable text adds to full on image banners...
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:17 am

Yeah, but they are at the very bottom and if you know what you are looking for most people would never even have to scroll that far down.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby *Chris* » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 am

My only request is that you stay off the pop-upz!
*Chris*

Return to Suggestions Box / Site News