Cleaning anyone?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

What is your excuse for not coming out?

I'd like to, but my wife won't let me.
No votes
I'm too lazy and would rather you do all the development.
17%
I'll be somewhere tits-up in a ditch on Saturday morning.
50%
The cold weather will make me cry like a little girl and I don't want anyone to see me like that.
33%

Total votes : 6

Cleaning anyone?

Postby Fred » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:20 am

since it will be too cold to climb tomorrow and there won't be enough ice... might I interest anyone in a bit of route scrubbing? I'll supply the brushes HEHE! Wow doesn't that sound like a deal eh?! But seriously, what else are you going to do at home?

call me or email me
everyone is welcome

455-9379
climb_welsford@hotmail.com
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby DanR » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:54 pm

how do you know there won't be enough ice? Been really cold last few days, and probably ice has been forming at parlee since the rain on tuesday.
DanR

Postby Fred » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:27 pm

That sounds like a great idea Dan. YOu go check it out on Saturday then post your report here and we will all go out on Sunday. LOL :D

I duno man the temps haven't been that good. It was way colder for way longer the last time I went (3 weeks ago) and there was barely enough ice to get up.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:33 pm

well, lots of ice where I am. In a skating rink for the next 10 days. woohoo.

well, one day drive/visit to banff. just enough to make me want it bad, and then they take it away.

hopefully there will be ice when i get home. 1 day down, 9 to go.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Fred » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:55 am

it's saturday and I'm headed down to WElsford. Hope to see some of you out there (wishfull thinking). I'll be at Upper Tier.
Fred
Site Admin

Sunday

Postby Ulysse » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:21 pm

Hey going up tomorow ( Sunday moring ) hope to see you guys there
Ulysse

Postby Fred » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:52 pm

oh how nice it was to have all of Welsford to myself today. Listen up ladies and germs. I climbed ROCK!! today and it was warm. No joke. I wore a sweater all day. It only started getting cold right when the sun went down. The rock (when exposed to the sun) was warm to touch. Even warmer than an early morning start in May. Oh the power of the sun!

Hope to see some of you out there tomorrow.

Here's what I got done today:

1. Finished cleaning "Stinky Bum"

2. Cleaned most of "Flux Capacitor" (route found right of Stinky Bum). Then worked this route on toprope with a self-belay. It will probably go at 5.11b or so

3. Patched up the chopped bolts on Mummified with some epoxy and crushed granite. Lesson learned boys and girls, be sure you are doing it right the first time around. I learned this the hard way with a lack of experience.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:32 pm

well I went back out today. It was super warm from 12 to 2 and I got about 8 routes in down at Joe's. I tell ya... from now on I'm leaving the climbing partners at home. You get so much more done belaying yourself (see gear post). But then I went up to Upper Tier and the sun hid behind the clouds and the wind picked up. Luckily the rock was still warm at that point and I was able to work on a new route (see Evolution post). Stellar line. Don't listen to Michell if she tries to tell you guys it was freezing cold this afternoon. :D Actually it was in late afternoon but was frigin awesome earlier on in the day. No joke! You guys should have come out.
Fred
Site Admin

Big Chill

Postby Michelle » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:58 am

Well it was cold by the time I did anything out there ... I am sure it was warmer earlier though Fred... yep really I believe you :roll:

:)
Michelle
Michelle

Return to New Brunswick