UNB Woodlot

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

UNB Woodlot

Postby Graham » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:50 am

Anyone have directions on how to get to the boulders on the UNB woodlot? I want to head out sometime, but don't know how to get there.
Graham

Postby martha » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:27 pm

park at the area next to the Aliant building on Allison Bvld (off the Vanier) and walk back on the main road for quite a while and then you take a path off left into the woods. it is a main walking/biking path so you won't get lost.

Right now the problems in there are covered in about an inch of moss. They haven't been all scrubbed down in years. IF it is dry, there are some decent problems in there. but most of the time it is wet. this is your best bet for time of year, but we've had a lot of rain, so I am doubting that any of it is dry right now. In anycase, take in some wire brushes and have at-er.

There is a guidebook somewhere online....Fred used to have it, I'm not sure if he still does or not.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Pierre » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:16 pm

Pierre

Postby Graham » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:39 pm

Awsome Thanks.
Graham

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:40 pm

The guidebook that Pierre posted is great for the problem info, but the better directions are from sort of what Martha said. If you're driving from Fredericton heading towards Oromocto, take the offramp for Kimble drive, turn right and park in the dirt parking lot on your right. Walk along the trail (4 wheeler) untill it meets the main dirt road, hang a left and cross the bridge. Just past the bridge there's a path on your left follow this, tending to the right you'll go 100 feet or so and end up standing on top of some of the problems just as the guidebook says. I hope this helps

As Martha said this is the time of year to be heading up that way, unfortunately there isn't much daylight in the evenings. Have fun, and ask around at the gym if you're having trouble finding it or if you're looking for someone to go with.
Scott

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:28 pm

there is no bridge. Only a culvert with guard rails on boths sides at the bottom of a small hill. Take the first left after the guard rail and follow the stream.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick