From NB.CBC.COM

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

From NB.CBC.COM

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:05 am

LINK: http://www.cbc.ca/nb/story/nb_kinniefund20051117.html

Friends create support fund for fallen climber
Last updated Nov 17 2005 08:28 AM AST
CBC News

Friends and family of a young man who was paralyzed in a rock climbing accident near Fredericton last month have created a fund to support his recovery.

Mathew Kinnie was climbing a rock face near Fredericton when his hand slipped. The gear that was meant to hold him fell out of the rock. He dropped 20 metres.

Now, his legs and torso are paralyzed and Kinnie is in a Toronto rehabilitation centre, trying to regain control of his arms. "Got to focus on getting better so we'll see how far I can get," said Kinnie. "I depend a lot on nurses right now but hopefully that will change soon."

Kinnie is confident his future is bright.

His friend Alex Delorey says that positive attitude inspires everyone around him. "When I wasn't with Matt, I was upset and angry and I was everything negative, but when I was in with Matt, just to see how he was responding to it, it just, it made everybody and myself included stronger."

All New Brunswick Credit Unions are accepting donations to the Matt Kinnie support fund. The money will help Kinnie and his family as he moves on to the next phase of his life.
Chris

Postby Mountain_Marc » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:23 am

My dad told me about this. He had heard it on the the news in Moncton.

Does anyone know more on the accident? What happened? Where? Etc.
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Return to New Brunswick