Parllee

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Parllee

Postby Stef » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:02 am

Did anyone check out parllee this weekend?
Stef

Postby martha » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:21 am

no... we were going to. Based on our experience over the last few years, there would definately be TR ice there....and lots of frozen moss...but it is giving 3 days of 11, 9 and 7 degrees this week with warm rain, so we will likely have to start over again once that is done with. :(
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Shawn B » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:39 am

I don't think it has been as cold down here as it has been in F'ton Stef. We only had a few days of cold weather. There was probably icicles on the back wall but I would guess nothing close to climbable. With so much water volume it will most likely take some extra time to freeze things up...but when it does should be a good year. I drove by Sussex yesterday and there was some icicles on road cuts but any thing more than a trickle showed little signs of freezing up. If anyone is out to check things out, take along a saw to tune up the trails. Darrell & I will probably be fixing up Parlee lower approach and Little Salmon either this or next weekend.
Shawn B

Postby martha » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:01 am

Fred and I might try to go in on Sunday for a walk to see how it is shaping up so if we do we'll take a saw to the upper trail and some webbing for the rappel tree.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to New Brunswick