rumors about foosball

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

rumors about foosball

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:07 pm

Are the rumors about putting a foosball table in the wall true because (sorry jeff) I think it is a totally retarded idea.
le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:33 pm

Here's my reasons

its loud and irritating for everybody not playing (I know...one was next to my office at school for 2 years and it gets effin annoying), it takes up room, it will hurt the atmosphere at the wall (due to its irritation factor), people will come in just for foosball and make tyhe wall more crowded, it needs to be put in the vestibule area which is always piled with too much stuff anyway.

would it be bought with club funds? I can think of about 100 other things that it would be better spent on (shoes, biners, slings, harnesses).

It really has no place at the climbing wall. THere are bars in town that have foos tables if anybody really needs a fix.
le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Postby martha » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:19 pm

Jeff Hum wants a foosball table everywhere. He tried to get me to buy one to put in my basement for him to come play on.

HA.

it is a joke. don't worry.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby thicks » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:57 am

I will argue jeff's point, if just for kicks. I think that the idea was to have one to give people something to kill a little time inbetween climbs with. If I am working a problem until i burn out, it is nice to have something to steal my attention for long enough to actually get some oxygen in my muscles(or lack there off). I am thinking of it as a distraction for my tired muscles, and if I was going to go somewhere to just play foos(and not climb), well then that place might as well serve me beer too.
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Return to New Brunswick