Ice is Here

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ice is Here

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:38 pm

The ice will be here this weekend for sure if it stays this cold for the rest of the week. Any takers for Parlee Brook on sunday?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby DanR » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:06 pm

I'd probably be in for ice at Parlee Brook on sunday :D
Supposed to be cold all week too!
i'll try to recruit more moncton ice people.
DanR

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:24 pm

shweet!

bring it on mother nature!!!!
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Mountain_Marc » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:28 pm

Don't forget Dec 26th to 29th DANR!
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby Mountain_Marc » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:30 pm

Are there more Moncton ice people? I thought you were the only one left Dan! :P
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Reason why people move west.... to brag to the east coast

Postby mathieu » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:53 pm

Not to rub flowers in you guy's and gal's party cake but we had an excellent day of ice here today, a nice Grade 3, 500 metres of ice steps, nice and brittle and wet. And by the way Vipers are no longer on my xmas list, did not like them at all, leash also sucked hard, came undone 3 times in a 15 metre bulge. But the Quarks, man that's another story, WOW!!

I hope Parlee is frozen and stays frozen till xmas. Have fun!!!!
mathieu

Re: Reason why people move west.... to brag to the east coas

Postby martha » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:46 am

mathieu wrote:. And by the way Vipers are no longer on my xmas list, did not like them at all, leash also sucked hard, came undone 3 times in a 15 metre bulge. But the Quarks, man that's another story, WOW!!

I've been singing that song for two years now! I don't like the Vipers at all. They just don't fit my swing etc. But the Quarks are amazing!!! :)

Parlee should be great on sunday! I'm stoked as it may be one of my only times out before this little monster arrives!!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Fred » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:19 am

the Nashwaak river was full of flocks this morning. It's cold out there folks. Sweet!
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Matt Peck » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:55 pm

Sup G's!
Been out of the loop for a bit, but looking to hit some ice as soon as the 21st rolls around. Wouldn't mind a trip down to parlee around that date. Whats the skinny folks? Also, does anyone know of some waterfalls around Marimichi?
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby DanR » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:47 pm

Anyone been to parlee recently or this summer? Is the road driveable without a truck? Or is has the logging permanently destroyed the road :evil:

Thanks,
Dan
DanR

Postby martha » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:03 pm

I haven't heard anything about the road being a mess. Maybe Joe Kennedy has been back there for work at some point..

anyone have any ideas?

Richard, does this mean we can take your jeep this weekend? :D
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

quarks and Vipers

Postby Brad » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:02 pm

Mathieu, I have quarks and this is my third season with them. I love them but I could not find a leash I like, until now... I have tried the old flick lock leashes, the free lock leashes, and even the clipper leashes that now come with the new Quarks, I personaly not a fan of them, I now have the BD andriod leashes and put them on my quarks. the rubber pipe clamp is a very nice touch and the leashes work very well provided you pay attention to them. I still getting used to working with them on my hands such as belaying and rapping, I normaly just tuck them in my glove. Also the griprests are a great touch.
Brad

Re: quarks and Vipers

Postby mathieu » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:55 am

Brad wrote:Mathieu, I have quarks and this is my third season with them. I love them but I could not find a leash I like, until now... I have tried the old flick lock leashes, the free lock leashes, and even the clipper leashes that now come with the new Quarks, I personaly not a fan of them, I now have the BD andriod leashes and put them on my quarks. the rubber pipe clamp is a very nice touch and the leashes work very well provided you pay attention to them. I still getting used to working with them on my hands such as belaying and rapping, I normaly just tuck them in my glove. Also the griprests are a great touch.

I have seen that set up a couple times. The thing I didn't like about the Black diamond leashes is that they came undone a few times. If it would of been once then OK but 5 times in one climb (THOS) is a bit much. I finally broke down and bought a quark, that's right one tool. Any bets on how long it will take for me to buy the second.

PS I like the idea of having a conditions page here. Fred's point about having the thread go tits up from sidetracking is valid but the read only idea from miss Steward defeats the instantaneous aspect of it. Here (rockies) there seems to be the instant message board thing (http://www.live-the-vision.com/cms) and the email to one person (Will Gadd's site) but that is because there is soooo much ice here. It seems to work as follows. Everyday climb (read below grade 4+) = post on the message board. Anything harder than 5 look up Will Gadd's site.
mathieu

Return to New Brunswick