J-tree and Baja

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

J-tree and Baja

Postby Jamie Simpson » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:32 am

Hi Folks,

I'm heading off on a little trip... would love any information / advice about climbing in J-Tree. Also anything about Baja would be nice. Plan to travel by bike... (well, plane first, then bike).

Jamie
Jamie Simpson

Postby martha » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:55 am

Jamie,

We have the J-tree guide book. Fred has been and can give you lots of Beta. we can suss it out when you come for the party next weekend. :)

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Jamie Simpson » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:17 am

Thanks Cara! Looking forward to the party - I'm bringing my Merengue CD for a little naughty dancing. :D

By the way - if anyone is up for a trip to J-Tree - come on along!

Jamie
Jamie Simpson

Postby martha » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:29 am

If I can get out of that 'labour' thing in Feb then I'll gladly come! HA! Don't invite Fred though..he is looking for an excuse to be out of town in early Feb! hehe.

Awesome, naughty dancing + Jamie Simpson!! hehe. should be a blast!

don't forget your naughty(or nice) gift too! hehe

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Re: J-tree and Baja

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:01 pm

Jamie Simpson wrote:Hi Folks,

I'm heading off on a little trip... would love any information / advice about climbing in J-Tree. Also anything about Baja would be nice. Plan to travel by bike... (well, plane first, then bike).

Jamie

J-Tree for bouldering or trad climbing?? I'm just not seeing hauling either a full trad rack or a bouldering pad around on a bike in the dessert. Ugh!
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:00 pm

granite_grrl wrote:
J-Tree for bouldering or trad climbing?? I'm just not seeing hauling either a full trad rack or a bouldering pad around on a bike in the dessert. Ugh!

Then you don't know Jamie. he is a hard man, and could haul a full rack, bouldering pad and enough food for a month with him. :lol: :lol:

I expect he's looking for the Trad climbing. unless he is hiding some dirty nasty secret that we don't know about! Jamie, don't tell me you want to boulder...I'll be sooo disappointed! That is what you do on your 'rest days'. :wink:

martha

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:52 pm

martha wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Then you don't know Jamie. he is a hard man, and could haul a full rack, bouldering pad and enough food for a month with him. :lol: :lol:

I expect he's looking for the Trad climbing. unless he is hiding some dirty nasty secret that we don't know about! Jamie, don't tell me you want to boulder...I'll be sooo disappointed! That is what you do on your 'rest days'. :wink:

Well then! The only problem I could see about being on bike is the lack of water within J-Tree, but he could probably hitch a ride for a water run.

The only other thing that I'd try to get to if I was back in that area is another trip to the 5.10 outlet. Only open on Fridays, demo shoes for $35USD, new shoes $65USD. I can't really remember directions to get there (sorry :oops: )...anyone else?
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:39 am

Five Ten's Friday Store...

1419 W. State St.
Redlands, CA 92373

Take Interstate 10 (I-10) to Redlands and take the Tennessee St. exit heading south (away from the mountains). Proceed through two stop-lights to a stop sign at State St. Turn right at the stop sign and you will find the store three blocks down on your left. (if you reach Alabama St. you've gone too far).

All the info is on the Five Ten Website

martha

Postby Jamie Simpson » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:48 pm

Hey Cara you make me blush - but don't be foolish - I'm no hardman... just an old grizzled guy with a dog... but not too bad of a meregue dancer... actually, I'm not much older than oldman Stef, and he is a hardman... and Dave L too - I've pooped my pants just following him...

Anyway - Granite grrrrl, let me know if you have any first-hand experince to pass on - I'd love to hear anything anyone has to say about the place / area in general.

J
Jamie Simpson

Postby martha » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:05 pm

Jamie Simpson wrote:but not too bad of a meregue dancer... actually, I'm not much older than oldman Stef, and he is a hardman... and Dave L too - I've pooped my pants just following him...

we'll see about your dancing next Saturday night...

and I've pooped my pants just watching Lister or Stef..I didn't even have to be off the ground!

HA

martha

Return to New Brunswick