Blueberry fields forever.

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Blueberry fields forever.

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:21 pm

Hello all, ok, Im not sure if Joe K's beta is up to date on his site, but what is the exact route into Parlee over the blueberry fields from Lisson Set. road. I didn't get into parlee at all last year and the year before there was a lot of logging so I bet the route looks totally different now. I remember going over the fields, but after that it's kind of a blurr. A little help?
M@
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:23 pm

You know you have been climbing for a while when you spell blur with two r's completly by accident.
M@ :lol:
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Fred » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:53 pm

yes they have logged and it looks totaly different. It's easier to show you in person. You planning on going out Sunday? We could meet somewhere.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby jeremy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:15 pm

Yeah, the jack pine plantation is gone. Justin and I found that out after walking around the hills and valleys until 4:00am following my GPS last winter. Man that sucked! Even in the daylight it took us about an hour to find the trail. It had been a few years since I've been in there and there were no fresh tracks.

PS: the GPS coordinates on Joes site took us there, but don't try to go in a straight line from the road to the ice.

jeremy
jeremy

Postby martha » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:58 pm

You can walk across the clear cut now to shorten the hike when you have to walk in from the turn in the road, but it is really rough and a good place to turn an ankle over a stump or in a hole etc. Likely this winter it will be worse as it will have some young growth in it. Once there is a snow cover however it should be fine.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby mathieu » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:17 am

martha wrote:[...] but it is really rough and a good place to turn an ankle over a stump or in a hole etc.

...you are going to climb melting waterfalls with ice axes and crampons strapped to your feet and your worried about rolling an ankle on rough terrain :roll: . You'll make a good mom Martha :wink:
mathieu

Postby martha » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:51 pm

Let me tell you Mat, I have way more of a chance turning my ankle in that clear cut then out climbing. (you've seen me navigate the boulder field!) I am such a klutz when I'm hiking, especially now that my balance is all wonky.

The climbing is the easy part!!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to New Brunswick