The Quarry

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

The Quarry

Postby Matt Peck » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:19 pm

Hey all, I was into the quarry on Xmas eve, and it's still a little thin. The Drainpipe is the only route on the main wall that is fully in, and the crux is pretty thin. I lead up but could only get in stubbies and 16's. The crux has decent ice, but no pro. There are other lines that are climbable, but I'd wait another week before going back. Other than that it was sweet! First lead on the new tools! The vipers rocked (traversing leashless is the shizzo) but still stick in the ice a little, time to modify that pick a little more.
Heading to Hayes falls tomorrow. Who's up for climbing in welsford or parlee on the 27-28th?

M@
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Fred » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:57 am

I'm up for 30, 31, and 1st Mat. Hope you still have some steam in you. I'd like to hit Grand Falls once and Parlee too.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Mountain_Marc » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:10 am

I may head up to Welsford tomorrow and Parlee on the 28th. Anyone know how Welsford is looking?
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Re: The Quarry

Postby shannon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:15 am

Matt Peck wrote:Hey all, I was into the quarry on Xmas eve, and it's still a little thin. The Drainpipe is the only route on the main wall that is fully in, and the crux is pretty thin. I lead up but could only get in stubbies and 16's. The crux has decent ice, but no pro. There are other lines that are climbable, but I'd wait another week before going back. Other than that it was sweet! First lead on the new tools! The vipers rocked (traversing leashless is the shizzo) but still stick in the ice a little, time to modify that pick a little more.
Heading to Hayes falls tomorrow. Who's up for climbing in welsford or parlee on the 27-28th?

M@

Matt, my friend and me will be in Parlee on the 28th. How is Hayes falls? I plan to check it out on my way to Florenceville on thursday afternoon, and hope to return to "partake" maybe the next day. I got my wife some mtn boots and crampons for x mas. It's a great place to learn, I figured. Between the 29th to the 3rd, I expect to get to Grand Falls at least once or twice with Jeremy. I can be reached at smburt@edu.pe.ca if you want to plan something. A few lines at Hayes Falls would be cool if it's worth it.

shannon
michael shannon Burt
East coast editor
trailpeak.com
shannon

Return to New Brunswick