bouldering gym in moncton?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

bouldering gym in moncton?

Postby ahdont » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:51 pm

just arrived at moncton for maybe a week, can anyone help me out whether there's a bouldering gym or climbing in this area? would love to do some climbing in this winter.
cheers

ahdont
ahdont

Postby martha » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:58 pm

no climbing gym in moncton. no real climbing near by either.

You've got great ice climbing in Sussex, Rock in Welsford and a great gym in Fredericton.

by the way.. are you the Ahdont that is friends with Mitch? if so... didn't he warn you about the lack of bouldering in New Brunswick?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby ahdont » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:21 pm

lol, yes i am the one, and he did warn me about the bouldering situation here, he also told me about fredricton. however, i do not have a car, so it would be suicide for me to go there by bus or whatever there is. i guess 2006 is the climbing full stop for me. :(, i will have to read rock and ice, climbing to keep my spirit high.
thank you for your information though, cheers

ahdont
ahdont

Postby martha » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:26 pm

There is hopefully a climbing gym opening in Moncton. There has been some discussion of it on this forum, and a friend of ours is working on getting funding etc. so it may not be totally hopeless.

There are other climbers in moncton and a few have woodies at home, so you might hook up with them on here. Otherwise, PM me and I can send you some contact info.

Cheers.

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby ahdont » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:32 pm

ah yes, i was just reading it a minute ago. i wonder if there's a car pool or anything to get to fredricton quick and cheap.
anyways, thank you for your info, cheers

ahdont
ahdont

Postby Pierre » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:48 pm

just arrived at moncton for maybe a week

ahdont, How long you in Moncton for? I might consider a trip up to UNB gym sometime soon.
Pierre

Postby sgt.global » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:08 pm

If you want a day of climbing on some cleaned sandstone boulders I can email you directions for a place down past hillsborough. I was going to show Pierre but the snow hit before I got to moncton. Let me know if you guys want the directions. If not Pierre I'll call you the next time I come up in the spring.
sgt.global

Postby DanR » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:09 pm

ahdont,

If you're still around moncton, you can drop by. I have a small woodie in my garage. We're there few times a week for a few hours. We'll be there this thursday night at 7pm. Email me for directions if interested!
danrichard@ieee.org

Dan
DanR

Postby Dom » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:33 pm

sgt.global wrote:If you want a day of climbing on some cleaned sandstone boulders I can email you directions for a place down past hillsborough.

I realize you wrote that 3months ago but I just read it.
Could you email me those directions to get there. I know Hillsborough and Albert county fairly well so no worries there.

cool_but_rood@hotmail.com

thanks

Dom
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Return to New Brunswick