Ice Festival?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ice Festival?

Postby Joe » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:59 am

There have been several inquiries whether we will hold the Ice Festival this year. I really am not sure. It is highly unlikely the river will be safe to travel on this year, so Minister's Face will be inaccessable. If the ice reforms on Waterfall Wall, maybe we could gather there. Steve is still offering to have the party at his place. If conditions allow, we'll have the festival on February 11 or 18. We'll advertise when we decide. Joe.
Joe

Postby martha » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:15 am

I believe that Ice School will be on the 11th or 18th. Perhaps we could make sure that they don't both happen on the same weekend? :)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:03 pm

It's too bad that ministers face will be unavailible. It would be really cool if the event could be held in a slightly larger venue than waterfall wall, like Parlee or Gran Manan, but the logistics of either, especially the island would be rediculous. I guess WW is also pretty central for most people.
Speaking of Gran Manan, does anyone know of someone who could assess the ice over there? I'd like to get a weekend trip going sometime soon.

M@
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Return to New Brunswick