Ice Fest

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ice Fest

Postby Tracy Thibodeau » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:00 pm

Ice Fest was a great time yesterday. It was a pleasure to climb with people I currently know and to meet new climbers. Although my muscles are screaming with pain, I enjoyed yesterdays outing. (Nothing that a little, or a lot, of advil can't fix)

The highlight of my day was definitely driving into Saint John with 5 drunk guys. On the drive in:

John was violated by Erick, (no details will be provided - John is currently in therapy) Dan wrinkled his dancing shirt, Rob was too drunk to talk (for once) and Ulysse was too busy planning for his next climb to talk.

Steve A. and family - thank you for hosting the post climbing event at your place.

Tracy & Rob (the guy with the athletic-cut pants)
Tracy Thibodeau

Re: Ice Fest

Postby martha » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:03 pm

Tracy Thibodeau wrote:Tracy & Rob (the guy with the athletic-cut pants)

I like those pants. :wink:

I wish I could have been there. My parents were in town to visit the bambino so I missed out on the evening at Steve's. I'm glad it was a good time! Next year i'll be there for sure!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Richard Eh! » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:21 pm

AND A GREAT BIG "THANK YOU!" to you two and the rest of the crew who set up the top-ropes and provided us with a great day of ice climbing....and some entertaining moments... virtuoso displays of solid rock placements (t-rated picks?) and one-tool maneouvres!!
If'n ya think ya can, ya can! If'n ya think ya can't, yer right....!
Richard Eh!

Postby Tracy Thibodeau » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:57 pm

Martha - You better be there next year. We all missed you. Hopefully all is going well with Marie-France.

Richard eh - You are welcome. We aim to entertain. Today has been dedicated to filing my picks and working on that heel placement.
Tracy Thibodeau

Postby Burley » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:48 pm

Hangovers all around! Well 5 to be exact.

John, sorry bud. I hope this doesn't impact our future relationship. (FYI... I did offer to offer to pay for his therapy... declined)

I had an awesome day and even better night... thank you to everyone!

flowers it is Monday... man... that was a good night.
Burley

Postby Stan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:26 pm

It was a nice day and quite exciting new experience.
Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

I posted about 40 photos (100 Mb zip archive) here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/14300940/FEB06.zip.html
Also there are few photos from UNB Ice Climbing School which was held a week before.

Special thanks to Stef, Richard, Tracy, Nils, Doro, Steve, and those who put up the top ropes.

Thanks to the Weather Dept. for the beautiful day (last Sunday it was sunny too though :wink: )
Stan

Return to New Brunswick