dusting off the cams

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

dusting off the cams

Postby Matt Peck » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:59 pm

Fantastic day in Welsford today, warm temps with a nice breeze meant mostly dry and comfy stone. Spent the afternoon at Minkey, thrutching only slightly after a season of ice. Looks like a lot of leading is going to go down this summer! It would be nice to get in another weekend of ice however.

M@
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Fred » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:31 pm

Mat,

did you lead "Sultry" or "Smoking"? It was a great day indead. I took our two visiting Halifax friends for a tour of the easy classics (Reindeer Land, Way of Life and Snakepeel). Good time was had by all.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Burley » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:14 am

As Don mentioned in another post, we went into to Parlee on Sunday. The Ice was still good... soft, but not too soft. If it is not sunny and warm next weekend we are looking at heading out to Parlee again Saturday and Sunday. If it is sunny and warm I think I'll be hanging off some rock unless the rivers in Maine start running.

Saw your wagon at the fence and I thought I could hear some people to the left of us. I made it in for my Second day on rock... sweet I must say. Met Fred on his way out. TR'd Snakepeel and the route to the left of it (can't remember the name). I managed to make it up both routes... anyone want to buy a few kayaks? Did that silly little crack to the left of the tree at the top of the routes... I found that the toughest part (the first two finger holds). Crack climbing is pretty fun, but not as fun as spring run-off.... yet.

Erick
Burley

Postby Fred » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:48 am

we'll convert you yet...
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Pierre » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:52 am

I'm starting to get Stoked about getting outdoors to climb... I take it that the conditions are fairly dry in Welsford. Is there places that one should avoid in the spring due to wet conditions?

The climbing bug really got into me this year I keep starring out of my office window looking at this fine piece of sandstone wall thinking that hey I should top rope that.

Looking forward to getting out to Welsford soon especially if the weather holds.
Pierre

Postby mathieu » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:55 am

Pierre wrote:I'm starting to get Stoked about getting outdoors to climb... I take it that the conditions are fairly dry in Welsford. Is there places that one should avoid in the spring due to wet conditions?

Some climbs on Upper Tier and most of Exfoliated are wet for a few days after rain.
mathieu

Postby Fred » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:46 am

Cave Area, Pyramid, Joes and L-shape are all usualy bone dry. Check it out.

rock was super hot and dry yesterday
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick