Gagetown closed 'til NewYear

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Gagetown closed 'til NewYear

Postby Ken P » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:29 pm

Wall closed until January 3rd or 5th. Should call ahead of time on any given night. 422-2000 ext.2660.
KP
Ken P

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:01 pm

thanks... was wondering about that...

so you're saying call ahead of time AFTER the 3rd?

Going to CFB Gage should call first

Postby Ken P » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:22 pm

Good idea to always call ahead. They are down to one supervisor, and sometimes cancel at the last minute. Best to call between 5:45 and 6:30. Wall is open again Jan. 5th 6:30.
Call ahead at: 422-2000 ext.2660
Ken P

Suggestions

Postby Ken P » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:37 pm

CFB Gage closed now until Jan.8th. All waivers have been thrown out so the process there will be slowed down even more for the next little while. I think the strict atmosphere and unreliable info on days opening at CFB G needs some remodeling. Any suggestions
KP
Ken P

Postby Fred » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:17 pm

I've offered to go in and switch some routes around in the past (3years or so ago) and I was told I had to be level 38 instructor of some sort. One thing that is definetly a downer for most of us is that the routes are always the same. I understand it's very difficult to take everything down and put it back up but just moving or turning a hold here or there would make it that much better. I'd love to hang out while someone belays me and just switch up some stuff. Or plaster the wall with ALL the holds and then tape routes. I was told they have like a 1000 holds or something sitting out back. Put them UP!

Everything else is pretty good. Once you know the people you just give the wink and the gun and start leading. I like going there once in a while. But it's certainly not the same as training at UNB. :D

Keep up the good work guys.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Ken P » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:59 am

Your right Fred, it's tiring climbing the same routes over and over. The routes should be changed I think every 3 to 4 months. I'm going to suggest this to Donnie and with enough man power really shouldn't be a problem. I think it would be great to have some route input from UNB climbers, the skill level there is much higher and route setting is more interesting. As far as level 38 instructor, I have no idea what that is, but I know that I don't have it. Let you know what Donnie thinks after Wed. night.
Later, KP
Ken P

Return to New Brunswick