Saint John Climbing Areas

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

whats cuter?

puppies
25%
kitties
25%
fish
38%
bunnies
13%

Total votes : 8

Saint John Climbing Areas

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:56 pm

Is there much buildering / bouldering in the city of Saint John? I've heard of some stuff in rockwood park, but I mean in the city itself. The thing is built on a pretty impressive mountain, I was thinking like something around the site of the old general hospital, or the foundation of loyalist house (which is a big rock), or the big cliff that part of Market Square sits on, or some crap out by madawoganish road (no idea on spelling there) or even the small cliffs that flank the highway between rothesay and saint john...Anything?

If so, is it worth visiting?

ian
le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Postby Chris » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:27 pm

Your Bouldering guide for Saint John would be that dreamboat Cory Goodman. I've played around at Rockwood out on the Power Line area and Cape Spencer has a problem or 2 to play around on.

I found a few places out in Millidgeville (north end) that I am gonna scope out some sunny morning before work. But I will chat with Cory and see what he may have to offer for beta.

CD
Chris

Postby martha » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:38 am

I agree with Chris. talking about kittens in your poll..... Goodman the climbing sex kitten is your man!

hahah..

anyways, he climbs like a monster and knows all the local spots. Beware though, his problems will be scootchy for you..... hmmm..maybe that is why I like cory's problems..... made for me!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 pm

who the crap is this cory guy. I doubt he's better looking than me. Also, do you have an email?

define scootchy. Is it like scrunchy or is it like difficult
le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Postby martha » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:56 pm

Ian_the_Barbarian wrote:who the crap is this cory guy. I doubt he's better looking than me. Also, do you have an email?

define scootchy. Is it like scrunchy or is it like difficult

Cory is a climber from way back. One of us old school farts. He is in SJ. Check your PM's for his email.

scootchy is like.. I hope you are only 5 ft tall or you'll be climbing with your feet around your ears.....so that is difficult for you...and not so much for me.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to New Brunswick