Never Climbed

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Never Climbed

Postby Jumping J » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi ,

Never climbed and went to Welsford last week on my way to the beautifull village of Hoyt ,I noticed these crazy cliffs and tough to myself "I need to climb " ,so here I am on the internet researching what I had seen and I discover this .......WHOOOHOOOO!!!! .I have been caving around Moncton now for about 3 years ,but never taugh of climbing ."right on"!!! ,I can't wait for my next visit around Hoyt Welsford area to definetly experience some of that!!!
Jumping J
Jumping J

Postby Pierre » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Once you experience it you'll be hooked and wishing that there was something closer home to climb.

A friend of mine took me up to Welsford for my first climbing trip a few years back and I was totally hooked. Wish I could afford to get up there more often.
Pierre

Postby Jumping J » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:09 am

Has anyone tried bouldering around the Bat caves in Barryton?? and what about RockPort ,if you hike to the end to a place called Cap Moustique ,I'm sure I noticed climbing bolts on Pink Rock??
Jumping J

Postby Pierre » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:33 am

I thought the hike to the end of Rock Port ( Lower Rock Port ) was called Cape Maringouin..

Are you referring to the place past Slacks Cove?

Where is Barryton Bat Caves?

You should try using the forum search feature.. The question of bouldering around Moncton has been asked before.

You might want to try the Beaumont area.. I've heard that there is some limited bouldering there.
Pierre

Postby Jumping J » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm

Yes I think that's what its called ,past Slacks cove .

Barryton bat cave is past Turtle Creek ,there's a really nice 1000 foot cave up in the mountain ,on the way up to it I notice some rock cliffs .

Cool I'll go for a drive up Beaumont this weekend .
Jumping J

Postby Jumping J » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:56 pm

Pierre Have you ever tried Geo Caching??
Jumping J

Postby Pierre » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:04 pm

Hey Jumping J

I have not seen anything solid enough or safe enough for me to want to climb/boulder around Rock Port or Cape Maringouin.. I've heard rumors about Wood Point having some spot to boulder but believe that this to be false.

I've been out once to Beaumont and saw a few things that might be fun for some bouldering but it's not a lot so don't get your expectations up to high.

I am personally not into GeoCaching... I have to many other things I enjoy and not enough time to do them.

[quote="Jumping J" ]Barryton bat cave is past Turtle Creek ,there's a really nice 1000 foot cave up in the mountain ,on the way up to it I notice some rock cliffs . [/quote]

I noticed a few small rock cliffs in the Turtle Creek area but I've never really been up close to them to determine if they had any potential to climb. ( They did not really wow me enough ) .

Later
Pierre

Return to New Brunswick