Bugs in Welsford?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Bugs in Welsford?

Postby martha » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Guys,

If anyone goes to Welsford today can you let me know the bug situation... We are bringing the baby with us tomorrow and I want to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks!

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Graham » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:51 pm

Last Weekend there were quite a number of mosquitos. (Big ones too). I would think there would be a similar amount this weekend as well
Graham

Postby martha » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:04 pm

Yes, we were out last weekend, and friends were out on Wednesday, but this time of year, they can come and go a bit before they come on too strong. That's why I'm asking.

Especially early in the season, the Mosquitos are just big and dumb... as was the case last weekend... but soon they'll be smart enough to bite!

uggg.

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Fred » Sat May 13, 2006 8:20 pm

I'm looking for a bug update. We want to head out with the kido tomorrow but worried about the bug situation. thx in advance.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sat May 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Fred,

I can confirm that the bug situation is Moderate. They're biting and annoying. I had at least 10 bites, a couple that bled and looked like i'd gashed my leg, but no, just a bite.

I would bring a net to put over kido, or keep her home :P

Some area's are worse than others. Joe's garage was pretty bad (keep moving or else) but gollum's cave was pretty okay.

That's my bug report.

Andrew
Andrew

Postby martha » Sun May 14, 2006 12:52 pm

Thanks Andrew,

momma is home with baby today. I can't risk her getting bit. Imagine the little 13lb cutie with a itchy bug bite. a few of them could make her sick, but at the least she'd be miserable. It isnt' really fair to her so I guess I'll be seeing all of you when bug season is over! Hopefully we'll be through the worst of it by mid June.

Cara

martha

Return to New Brunswick