Partner for rock climbing in NB

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Partner for rock climbing in NB

Postby Trumpet » Mon May 01, 2006 10:17 pm

Hi,

I am on tour in NB until may 17th and I am looking for someone to show me the nice spots to climb in the province. I am 30 years old. I can lead 5.9 in sport, I beggin leading in trad and I can follow up to 5.9+.

I am in Bouctouche until friday and I will be in Moncton, Dieppe and St-John's after. I can speak french too.

Hope to ear from you,

Trumpet
Trumpet

Re: Partner for rock climbing in NB

Postby Andrew » Tue May 02, 2006 8:15 am

Hi Trumpet.

St-John's isn't in New Brunswick. Are you going to Newfoundland after Dieppe? Or do you mean Saint John?

Andrew

Trumpet wrote:Hi,

I am in Bouctouche until friday and I will be in Moncton, Dieppe and St-John's after. I can speak french too.
Trumpet
Andrew

Postby Jamie Simpson » Wed May 03, 2006 9:37 am

hi there,

If you make it down around the St. Andrews area I'd be happy to go for a climb with you... you can check out the area on Fred's webpage (greenlaw).

Jamie Simpson
529-3003
Jamie Simpson

Postby Trumpet » Wed May 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Thank you Jamie but I share a van with 2 other musicians and St-Andrews is a bit far... They will not leave-me the van an entire day... Do you want to go somewhere else like Welsford or could you pick me up at St-John ?

Yes Andrew, I meant St-John... I have just applied for a full time job at Memorial University in St-Johns Newfoundland... and it is in my mind all the time !!!

If anyone is interrested, I am giving you my schedule and where I will be. I am mostly working only in the morning so I am free in the afternoon and in the evening.

-From Friday the 5th to Sunday the 7th Monctonfree all day
-From Monday 8th and Thuesday 9th Moncton free after 1:00pm
-Wednesday 10th Fredericton free after 4:00pm
-Thursday 11th and Friday 12th Moncton free after 1:00pm
-Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th Moncton free all day
-Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th St-John free after 1:00pm

After, I am back in Montreal. There is a rock climbing festival in Chicoutimi Qc. the 19th 20th and 21th of May. If you are interressted, e-mail me. I am a safe and focused climber and I would realy like to see your crags.

See you later,

Trumpet

trumpetplayerbach@yahoo.ca
Trumpet

I may be in

Postby Tracy Thibodeau » Thu May 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Hello Trumpet:

I may be able to join you for some of the days. I don't lead, yet, but I can second. I have to play it by year. I am in school and it all depends on my work load.

I may contact you next week. My email address is: r1bim@unb.ca

Tracy Thibodeau
Tracy Thibodeau

Postby dcentral » Fri May 05, 2006 1:09 pm

Trumpet: Dude if you don't want to get thrown out of St-John you might want to start calling it Saint John. :D Seriously (they are a little sensitive about it)
dcentral

Postby Trumpet » Wed May 10, 2006 12:49 pm

This is noted dcentral :lol: Sorry to all of you.

It looks it will be raining Thursday :(

I will be in Moncton this week-end but I can drive from there to climb this week-end. Are you availaible Tracy and/or Jamie ?

I will be also available Monday and Tuesday after 2:00pm (maybe earlier) leaving from St-John .

I realy have to climb, I feel down,

Send me an e-mail at trumpetplayerbach@yahoo.ca

Trumpet
Trumpet

Postby martha » Wed May 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Trumpet wrote:This is noted dcentral :lol: Sorry to all of you.

It looks it will be raining Thursday :(

I will be in Moncton this week-end but I can drive from there to climb this week-end. Are you availaible Tracy and/or Jamie ?

I will be also available Monday and Tuesday after 2:00pm (maybe earlier) leaving from St-John .

I realy have to climb, I feel down,

Send me an e-mail at trumpetplayerbach@yahoo.ca

Trumpet

Dude, you spelled it St-John again.... it is Saint John. in Newfoundland it is St. John's. hehe.

There will definately be people in Welsford this weekend. The weather is looking really good too.. so bonus.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Trumpet » Mon May 15, 2006 5:50 pm

Thank you to everybody I climbed with :

Tracy and Rob to be great company on the cliffs and your generous hospitality and Mag, Laurie, Dave, John etc...

I had a great week-end climbing in Welsford with you. Send me an e-mail if you climb in Quebec soon. You all have a place to stay if you want to climb around Montreal.

Trumpet
Trumpet

our pleasure

Postby Tracy Thibodeau » Tue May 16, 2006 1:13 pm

Hey Dan:

Not a problem. It was a pleasure to climb with you and to have you stay at our place.

We will be contacting you when we climb in Quebec.
Tracy Thibodeau

Return to New Brunswick