06 May 2006 (Sat): Where was everyone?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

06 May 2006 (Sat): Where was everyone?

Postby Andrew » Sat May 06, 2006 7:08 pm

Hi everyone.

Stephen and I were up at Pyramid and also up for a quick peek at the new 5.6 and 5.10 sport routes on Waterfall Wall. We had a good time.

My question is where was everyone? Including our car, there were only two other cars and ran into only two ppl all day, couple ppl at Waterfall doing the new 5.6 route.

Well I guess we had the place to ourselves.

See you all sunday hopefully.
Andrew

Postby Nate » Sun May 07, 2006 11:08 am

Me and my sister were up to Welsford on Friday and Saturday. Went to climb 'Warm and Sultery Evening' abd some other really good climbs to the right of that. What is the one that starts with the chemney and then goes into an awesome finger crack. I loved that one. We climbed the one to the left on it also. Can anybody tell me what those climbs are?
Nate
Nate

Postby jnnfr » Sun May 07, 2006 12:41 pm

Man, I wish I had cool siblings to climb with...
jnnfr

Postby martha » Sun May 07, 2006 12:53 pm

Hi Nate,

Directly to the right of Warm and Sultry? With a bolt on the face of the block at the bottom?

That is 'Smoking Crack 5.7'... or maybe it is a 5.8.. I forget.

Or do you mean down and right.... down a little path to a lower wall... That is the 'King Arthur's Playground' and has 'Salt and Pepper 5.7' on the left, then '5.8 for style' in the center and then 'Curried Recollection' (gross and scary) on the right.

To the left of Warm and Sultry is 'Human Erazer' ...did you lead that or just TR it?

don't you h ave a guidebook? We'll bring you one next time we see you. I think Fred has a few left.

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Nate » Sun May 07, 2006 4:13 pm

We must have climbed 'Warm and Sultry', then 'Salt and Pepper' and '5.8 for Style' . All Trad lead, and by 'left of' I meant left of '5.8 for Style'. Wow, 5.8 for style is definitly one of the best routes I've climbed. I really liked that powerful finger crack bit in the middle there. Warm and Sultry is amazing too! Hopefully I'll be up more and be able to jump on some multi-pitch!

Nate
Nate

Postby Fred » Sun May 07, 2006 10:01 pm

you've only just touched the surface my friend. Some many more good routes.

The chimney climb up to small finger crack is indeed "5.8 for Style". Just left of that is "Salt and Pepper". Glad to hear you liked those routes. I also agree with you that they are nicer climbs than Warm and Sultry. I find Warm and Sultry is overated. There are a ton of better routes in Welsford than Warm and Sultry.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: 06 May 2006 (Sat): Where was everyone?

Postby PaulB » Mon May 08, 2006 6:23 pm

Andrew wrote:Including our car, there were only two other cars and ran into only two ppl all day, couple ppl at Waterfall doing the new 5.6 route.

Sounds like a perfect climbing day to me! The only way to have that experience out here in Squamish is to climb weeknights after 6PM, and even then it can be busy.
PaulB

Re: 06 May 2006 (Sat): Where was everyone?

Postby Andrew » Thu May 11, 2006 9:50 pm

We truely are blessed with an excellent climbing area. I hope it can stay a truely excellent place for ever.

PaulB wrote:
Andrew wrote:Including our car, there were only two other cars and ran into only two ppl all day, couple ppl at Waterfall doing the new 5.6 route.

Sounds like a perfect climbing day to me! The only way to have that experience out here in Squamish is to climb weeknights after 6PM, and even then it can be busy.
Andrew

Return to New Brunswick