Ziggy Piggy?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ziggy Piggy?

Postby Fred » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:06 am

on Upper Dawn Wall there are two crack systems. A bigger dirtier system in the middle of the wall and then a (seems much harder) clean zig zag crack system on the right. Just left of Whiter Shade. Which one is Ziggy Piggy?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Shawn B » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Ziggy Piggy is the now dirty and mossy finger to rounded hand crack up the very middle of Upper Dawn Wall (the most obvious one too). I can't remember what Tom called the smaller seam between it and WSOP. He also did the face between Dynamic Duo and Ziggy Piggy. Both look very nice and I think are 11+ range(?). To my knowledge, they have both only seen top rope ascents and have not seen a FFA. Bolts may be required but again not sure. Time frame on these two routes are probably 5-6 years ago. If you check the sign in book from that era, you may find names and grades.
Shawn B

Postby Fred » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:43 pm

I always thought Ziggy Piggy was the cleaner thinner line on the right. No wonder it always looked like a sick hard 5.10 to me. No gear and very thin seam = 5.11. lol

Cool. It would be nice to give Ziggy Piggy a scrubb. I think I'd like to try this line but not in its current state.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby PaulB » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:37 am

Fred wrote:Cool. It would be nice to give Ziggy Piggy a scrubb. I think I'd like to try this line but not in its current state.

Looking in my old guidebook, I see that back in the day, we gave Ziggy Piggy 3 stars. It doesn't sound like the general climbing population has agreed over the years. I guess not everyone's into flaring finger cracks on thin gear. :P

I can remember watching Mark Dixon lead it, and him taking repeated falls onto a small nut, just as if it were a bolted route.
PaulB

Return to New Brunswick