need some help

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

need some help

Postby jason » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:25 pm

hey i'm really new to the sport...how new well i just got started. i live in hampton and am looking to take a course on how to climb. or even if there is anyone out there that woud like to go out i'm down for that too. i'm really looking for help in getting ahold of a place that will teach me the right way to climb so i don't hurt myself. so if anyone has any tips spots or time...email me
hoonman__1@hotmail.com
thanks
jason
jason

Postby martha » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:32 pm

Hey Jason,

there are lots of threads on this... but you have a few options..

NBCCSJ has a climbing wall though I am unsure of the hours.
and the Rock and Ice club in Fredericton is a great spot too, but a little further away.

you should consider signing up for rock school in September. It is a full weekend of climbing/instruction outdoors aimed at beginners. There will be more posted on that soon.

Cheers.

cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Ropeguy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:13 pm

Jason the NBCC in SJ has an indoor wall that would certainly help you learn a few things.....I'm in Quispamsis and get there a night or 2 a week.....Every Tues, Thur and Sun evenings between 7 and 9pm. Just show up....I think it opens in the middle of Sept but I will confirm a date for you. If you have a harness and shoes then bring em and if not then you can rent whatever you will need to climb....

Rick
Ropeguy

Postby jason » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 pm

thanks guys for the info i'lll check it out for sure hopfully out tehre soon
jason

Return to New Brunswick