skihill bouldering Sunday

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

skihill bouldering Sunday

Postby cory » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:05 pm

Sunday, this long weekend, I'm planning on going bouldering at the skihill in Welsford. Plan is to put up some new problems as well play on the existing stuff. Does anybody want to join me or are all you suckas playin with strings?

Cory
cory

Postby cory » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:45 pm

wow you missed out... we (Tom A, too) put up some new easy lines, cleaned 4 boulders, then explored and found the two biggest boulders (so far) in welsford. 4-5 faces on each one, 14 feet high, gently overhanging, flat landings, flat top/mantle topouts, minimal cleaning needed, but definitely virgin rock!

Goin' back this weekend to send and look for more...

Cory
cory

Postby thicks » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:03 am

how about some pictures cory?
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

pics

Postby cory » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:48 pm

I'd Like to, by my camera is broken :( and I can't afford to fix/replace it :cry:

I plan on going Saturday (getting to Wlesfond at 11). If you wanna come Tyler, drop me a line tonight 647-7686.

anyone else is welcome too
Cory
cory

Postby thicks » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:46 pm

I would by my gf is in town so I am thinking of actually going to Balds Peak and get her 'on the rope' It does sound like fun and we should get out climbing before that white stuff falls though.
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby cory » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:02 pm

Tyler,

'Twas good... Natascha & I cleaned a good part of Flotsam, and put up 3 problems. Nothing hard, but one in particular stands out; an arete with big sidepulls/crack that you sort of lieback. "Shoulda Learned To Play The Guitar, V1"

Explored a bit, and managed to determine the proximity to other boulders..I'm starting to know my way around now.

I'd like to head back, as would Natascha, and Hummer is keen too. Maybe this weekend?

C
cory

Postby thicks » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:32 pm

This weekend is rock school and i think my gf will be down to once again try some rope climbing. Are weekday sessions possible for you?
T
thicks

Postby cory » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:02 pm

yeah, Wednesday looks OK at the moment... I've got most of it off.

C
cory

Postby thicks » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:05 pm

I would be up for that, although I work (normally) until 600. But I can come in a hour early and work through lunch and be on the road shortly after 400. That work with you?
T
thicks

Postby cory » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:52 pm

no that won't work... I now have to work from 4:30-6:00 It gets too dark on that slope to go out after that. The rest of the week is even later...
cory

Return to New Brunswick