Ice today?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ice today?

Postby Richard Eh! » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:19 pm

Hey did anyone get out climbing ice today?
If'n ya think ya can, ya can! If'n ya think ya can't, yer right....!
Richard Eh!

Postby justin » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:07 pm

Checked out Grand Falls from the other side of the river today all flows are in and look fat.
Paul and I are heading out tomorrow to get some routes done .... know more then.
To alcohol!! The cause of -and solution to -all of life's problems.
justin

Postby Richard Eh! » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:17 pm

Good luck with travel tomorrow..brutal storm/blissard/80km winds....blow you right off the ice! but beautiful day for it today if the crew hadn't bailed on me! "Boohoo...sooo cold" Sheeesh!
If'n ya think ya can, ya can! If'n ya think ya can't, yer right....!
Richard Eh!

Postby jeremy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:37 am

Hey Curtis, better watch the snow plowing this time..... You have to get on the big pillars up the river.

If anyone knows which lines have been led there lets hear about it and what grades have been given at the time. I guess I am just curious about the biggest pillars found up river and around the little sketchy corner. And the big brown ice wall/pillars down the river. If you have been there you know where I'm talkin'.
jeremy
jeremy

Postby Fred » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am

Dave Lister lead the left side of line #2 (see Joe Kennedy's new online guidebook) which was about grade 4. As you can see in the topo it says albacove rappel required. Dave chose to scramble right about 15' through mud to reach a tree. I think Dave left some mud of his own. The right side of line #2 is dead vertical and super hard. We toproped it and I had to take. I can just imagine how hard line #1 is since it looks about three times longer and steeper. I'd guess grade 5 or more for sure. There are photos of these routes on Joe's last year conditions.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick