TRAVERSITY QUESTION

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

TRAVERSITY QUESTION

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 pm

TRAVERSITY 5.7 G 100’/N/T
FA: S.Adamson
In the middle of the base of Minkey Wall there is a large overhang about 30’ off the ground. Begin 20’ left of the overhang in twin cracks in front of a small birch tree. Climb up right to the top of the huge suspended boulder. Continue up to a large ledge. Traverse left along the ledge until you reach the first pitch belay of Pink Panther. Rap from there.

This route climbs 30' up to the Pink Panther first pitch belay ledge then traverses way left and rap off the fixed slings. My question is... is the start of Traversity "twin cracks" the same start as The Way Life Should Be?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby john » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:30 am

No more to the right then the start of the way life should be more near the left edge of the overhang I believe. Steve will know for sure
john

Way liife should be

Postby STeveA » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:26 am

Where is The Way life should be? Traversity starts close to the right side of the overhanging arch at the base of Minkey Wall.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Re: Way liife should be

Postby Fred » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:28 am

STeveA wrote:Where is The Way life should be? Traversity starts close to the right side of the overhanging arch at the base of Minkey Wall.

The Way Life Should be starts directly below the second roof right of Pink Panther crux 10' right.

so the start is not the same then.

cheers
much appreciated
Fred
Site Admin

Minkey

Postby STeveA » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:17 pm

To the right of Pink Panther is Keep it in Jerry, then at the end of the roofs there is Victor Le Netoiller. Where is The way... in relation to these?
STeveA

Postby john » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:50 pm

I had a discussion with joe one day about this, also chris jones. To the right of pink panther (where you break through the roof) is two roof cracks splitting the roof (perpendicular to the face, not the undercling). I believe the left one, the easier of the two was keep it in jerry. Ulysse climbed directly up the face fromthe ground to this and through it. There is now a single bolt on the face where the crux is rough the height of the tree on the face level with pinkl panther ledge. The right hand crack slightly harder has also been climbed as a variation, roughly the same grade mabey slightly burlier. Keep it in jerry traversed into the crack and I guess its the way life should be is a direct independent line from the ground. Victor is right again at the end of the roof as you said. This is how I see it?????
john

Postby Fred » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:06 pm

Yup. That is how I interpret it too.
Fred
Site Admin

minkey

Postby STeveA » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:37 pm

That sounds correct. Traversity start is much further right.
STeveA

Return to New Brunswick