MINKEY QUESTION

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

MINKEY QUESTION

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:46 pm

RENO DYHEDRO 5.11 100’/M(4)/T
FA: S.Adamson, P.Lloyd 1995
Start on the left facing corner which forms the right wall of the overhang 30’ off the ground in the middle of Minkey Wall. Climb up the corner to the base of the overhang (bolt). Traverse up left 10’ following the line of bolts on the left. Climb up the crack which goes up diagonally left. Near the top of this crack the right hand side of the crack juts out from a little left facing corner.

CRACK IN A BOX 5.11a 100’/M(4)/T
FA: S.Adamson, P.Lloyd 1995
Same start as “Reno Dyhedro” but at the first bolt go straight up the face. There

These two routes share the same start and I think one bolt. But which of these two routes goes up past the 4 bolts? of do they each have a series of bolts? I suspect these are the bolts that went for a long time without hangers but now are equipped.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Minkey

Postby STeveA » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:21 am

Both climbs have bolts. Reno goes up left after the first bolt while the other climb veers right and joins up with Inhuman Erazer at the top.

The right climb had hangers, but the left one was put up by Peter Lloyd and he was supposed to put hangers on the bolts I placed. I climbed the route and then removed my hangers, but Pete never got around to putting any hangers on.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Postby Fred » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:26 am

do they both have 4 bolts? sorry for stretching your memory hehehe

I think someone has put hangers on them since.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Bolts

Postby STeveA » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:15 pm

I don't think so. The left route did, but the right one only had a couple of bolts. Once you reached the crack that is the finish to Inhuman then it was trad.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Return to New Brunswick