I WANT SOME FEEDBACK .

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

I WANT SOME FEEDBACK .

Postby Climbing4life » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:11 pm

to anyone who has gone to the few route that are over in Kingston , are they really worth going to check out , i heard there are a couple fun routes which sounds kool to me , but i would like to hear so feedback on the location just for Sh*ts and Giggles
"Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
-- Terry Pratchett (Strata, 1981)
Climbing4life

Postby Andrew » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:05 am

I've been there a number of times as it's fairly local to me.

It's worth going, esp. if you are in Rothesay.

there's at least 4 really good routes there. Basically everything from Poison Ivy and then following towards the left.

this is probably a great time to go if you can be there on a dry day that's above 5C. No bugs or spiders at those temperatures, most likely.
Andrew

Postby Fred » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:33 am

I think what Andrew is saying is that there are some fun routes over at Gondola Point (Kingston). The climbing at Hampton Marsh (also Kingston) is a bit sub-par but ok to play on if you are right there.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

thanks

Postby Climbing4life » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:40 am

good stuff thats what i heard , but didn`t know for sure i`m am very local to there probley only a 5 -8 min drive from my house to the ferry , i`d like to check it out , if ont this year , in the spring
"Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
-- Terry Pratchett (Strata, 1981)
Climbing4life

Postby cory » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:33 pm

I've not been there for years and would like to go back. If you need a partner give me a call 647-7686.
The water is usually a bit high this time of year (depending on rain and tides) making access to the base of some routes difficult, there may also be seepage on some of the routes. But late mornings it's really nice as the sun has warmed up the rock. It gets very cold very quickly though as the sun swings away.
cory

Return to New Brunswick