Leaving town

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Leaving town

Postby thicks » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:42 pm

This might not have much to do with Climbing in Eastern Canada, but I have accepted a position with the Information Services Dept at the Moncton Hospital, and will be leaving beloved Fredericton by the end of the month.
couple of quick things:

- This will leave the talented Eric Burley alone on Thursday nights for monitoring at UNB. He is a very lonely individual and would benefit from the guidance and friendship of anybody above the age of twelve. Oh and somebody should help him monitor too. nice guy.

- Dan, I understand there is climbing to be had once a week and I look forward to joining you guys if you have the space in the home gym.

- I would like to apologize in advance for any "Climbing in Moncton" content I put up. I still am of the opinion that a gym in Moncton could/should happen and I will be looking into that idea as often as I can.

Aside from that I just wanted to let people know through CEC, cause not seeing someone at the gym over 2 weeks really isnt that odd and I wanted to make sure to say 'see ya soon' to all the great folk in the community here in Fredericton. A 'housewarming & going away' gathering is in the works.

again, sorry for the overly personal thread,
Thicks
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:08 pm

:cry: sniff sniff
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Burley » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:18 pm

I don't understand? Who's going to cover for me on Thursdays and do all of the work? Is there anyone out there? What about me? Did you think about how this would affect me? Me me me!

And then there are the safety meetings. Who is going to take you're place? Buddy these are some big shoes to fill! Are you aware of the gap you're leaving behind?

I hope this has nothing to do with that "uncomfortable" comment I made about your new pink climbing tights. Or maybe it is because I got a little mad after you stole my wallet to help feed your Boom addiction?

Congrats on the new job buddy. We'll all miss ya in a not so broke-back way.

P.S. Don't let those Moncton folks give you a hard time about your impulsive weeping.

Burley
Burley

Postby Anonymous » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:36 pm

onwards and upwards.... or eastwards maybe. good luck Tyler -- we'll miss ya!
Anonymous

Postby martha » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:28 pm

Damn it Hicks! You and I had this nice thing going back in 03' and you did it to me then - off to the North Now we get this nice thing going again over the last year or so and WHAMO! There ya go heading out.

Sheesh.

Well, on the upside, Fred and I are in Moncton quite a bit visiting his Dad and Brother so we'll see you then!

On the other upside, you are closer to your fair lady friend (not at all broke back Burley) so that is good for you. You better make sure Fred and I are around at any nuptials you may have with her!
:wink:
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby cory » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:29 pm

You poor illegitimate son! (the choice word being edited...)
Moncton...rockless Moncton...

:lol:
Cory
cory

Postby DanR » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:49 pm

Now you can join our little gang of rockless moncton people.
It's not all that bad, but much worse than f'ton. Welsford is a bit further, but you have the great bouldering in nova scotia only 3 hours away. And we have a bit of climbing around beaumont too, mostly bouldering, but starting to be good. Adn if you're into ice, there alot pretty close by.
As for my little home wall, it's getting pretty popular.
you're welcome to drop by any monday/thursday. Fun part about not being a official gym is you can consume a beverage or two and climb even harder :twisted: Wer'e puttin up harder and harder problems every week.
But, we will have a real gym soon! Discussions are still in the works.
email me for directions or #
danrichard at ieee.org
DanR

Postby thicks » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:01 pm

I like the cut of your jib Dan. I will bring some holds up to donate to the cause, as well as a pint or two. I will be in town in about 2 weeks.
cheers
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby Pierre » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:07 pm

DanR wrote:And we have a bit of climbing around beaumont too, mostly bouldering, but starting to be good.

Is the bouldering your referring to in the Rock Quarry? I was up there last weekend and it does have some potential. I'm haven't confirmed this but there is suppose to several old quarry in the same area.

DanR wrote:But, we will have a real gym soon! Discussions are still in the works.

This good news - I can't wait until there is a real climbing in the greater Moncton area.

Thicks congrats on your new job!

Even though your moving to rockless Moncton there is plenty of people that climb in the area and I'm sure you'll have no problem hooking up them.

I regular try to get out and climb and make frequent trips to do so.
If your every want to join me you'd be more than welcome.

DanR - How popular is your home climbing wall becoming? If there is any other space at your home GYM I'd be interested in climbing with you guys.

thicks wrote:I will bring some holds up to donate to the cause, as well as a pint or two.

I as well could donate some holds and a few pints.

Pierre
Pierre

Postby ahdont » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:51 am

congratulation for the new jobs, i am sure i will meet you in the near future as "the garage" is the only place where we can do some bouldering in moncton. its not big but it will suffice for training and drinking purposes.
cheers,

ahdont
ahdont

Postby thicks » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am

Pierre wrote:Thicks congrats on your new job!

Even though your moving to rockless Moncton there is plenty of people that climb in the area and I'm sure you'll have no problem hooking up them.

I regular try to get out and climb and make frequent trips to do so.
If your every want to join me you'd be more than welcome.

Sounds great to me Pierre, the way I see it 2.5 hours to Welsford isnt much of a drive considering how far I have driven to get to a climbing spot. And thank you too ahdont, looking forward to the garage.
Thicks
thicks

Postby DanR » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:24 pm

Pierre,
you can join us anytime. Just email me and i'll get you directions, or if you know where to find us, drop by. thursday at 7.
danrichard at ieee.org

I like the cut of your jib Dan. I will bring some holds up to donate to the cause, as well as a pint or two. I will be in town in about 2 weeks.
cheers
T

Thicks,
I like the cut of my jib too. Starting to stretch a bit, but she's still good for a while. And, we can't wait for you to join us. NOthign makes new friends better than holds and pints. Try to drag chris along with you. you know he wants to climb!
DanR

Postby Mountain_Marc » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:14 pm

And to add to DanR, I've only been there once and I had a blast. Fun times were had by all, he just needs to allow drytooling on his wall ;)
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby thicks » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:32 pm

Yeah I think I will be living with Chris so it will be hard for him to avoid me....
cheers
T
thicks

Postby jnnfr » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 pm

Collin and I are moving to Moncton too. We won't be there until February or so, but we'll also be looking for places to climb!! It will be sad to leave Halifax and all it's awesome bouldering though....
jnnfr

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:29 am

DanR: Pretty soon, you'll have to have a limit on how many people can be there, if more and more keep going there will be no place to move :lol:

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby martha » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:07 pm

Mountain_Marc wrote:DanR: Pretty soon, you'll have to have a limit on how many people can be there, if more and more keep going there will be no place to move :lol:

You know, that could be good for dan. Sounds like more brews in his fridge!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:12 pm

martha wrote:
Mountain_Marc wrote:DanR: Pretty soon, you'll have to have a limit on how many people can be there, if more and more keep going there will be no place to move :lol:

You know, that could be good for dan. Sounds like more brews in his fridge!

That's true because I did leave a couple when I was there.

Man, just having a community like makes me want to move back to Moncton.

Mountain_Marc

Return to New Brunswick