ice climbing?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

ice climbing?

Postby martha » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:09 am

anyone up for ice climbing maybe friday or sunday?

:D I've got a 8am -6pm window that the baby is weaned.

Short trip to parlee ?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:45 am

I would be but we won't out that way for another week. :?

If ice is in we could probably make the drive when we are out. Let us know when you would want to go. We still don't know if Rebecca will be able to start climbing by then or not. We need to try her in her harness again sometime and see how that works.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:01 pm

Yeah, I can walk without the cane now.....but not without a massive limp. I'm hoping that in another couple of weeks the muscles will build up a little more.
granite_grrl

Postby Mountain_Marc » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:43 pm

chossmonkey wrote:I would be but we won't out that way for another week. :?

|But you can always head to the Dacks! I'm heading tomorrow and Sunday, Woot, Woot!!
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby Mountain_Marc » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:51 am

Did anyone go out this weekend? I was in the Adirondacks Saturday and Sunday and the conditions were a little thin for this time of year. My picks got a beating!

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby martha » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:53 am

Fred was in Parlee Brook, the conditions are posted in another thread. Hopefully things will be climbable by this weekend.. though we are getting 4 days of above freezing temps this week...

uggg. cross our fingers.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:05 am

Mountain_Marc wrote:Did anyone go out this weekend? I was in the Adirondacks Saturday and Sunday and the conditions were a little thin for this time of year. My picks got a beating!

That rock is hard isn't it? :lol:

I managed to mash one of my picks last Friday climbing on near home on the chossy limestone. I think I had my picks tuned a little to much for the thin conditions and swung a little too hard on ice that looked much thicker than it was. :evil:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Mountain_Marc » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:52 pm

chossmonkey wrote:
Mountain_Marc wrote:Did anyone go out this weekend? I was in the Adirondacks Saturday and Sunday and the conditions were a little thin for this time of year. My picks got a beating!

That rock is hard isn't it? :lol:

I managed to mash one of my picks last Friday climbing on near home on the chossy limestone. I think I had my picks tuned a little to much for the thin conditions and swung a little too hard on ice that looked much thicker than it was. :evil:

Yeah, I didn't bother tuning my picks before heading out on either days because I knew at some point I was going to hit rock.

Mountain_Marc

Return to New Brunswick