climbing

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

climbing

Postby Ulysse » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:06 pm

Just looking to see in someone is interested in climbing Monday afternoon in welsford (rockclimbing) the forcast is to be +8 so probably around +15 in welsford if there is no wind. If interested pls email me at
ulysserichard@hotmail.com or call after 1100 (I work til 0600) at 635-5423

P.S. I was out last week when it was -1 and it was warm enough to climb with just a light shirt. the rock was warm to the touch.
Ulysse

Postby martha » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:57 pm

Ulysse,

John, Dean Fred and I were out today. It was a beauty! you have no idea. Lots of snow on the hike, lots of snow on the rock, but where it was in the sun, it was warm and dry.

Awesome day, probably +8ish in the sun.

climbing tomorrow too? hmm....... to work or not to work.....
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:07 am

Hahaha. I was climbing yesterday, it was perfect blue skies and 20 degrees.. Just like the day before, and the day before that... Oh, but the day before that it rained, but we just climbed under a giant overhang, so it was ok. The day before that it was perfectly sunny too though, and the one before that too. I think tomorrow is supposed to be sunny also. I'll let you know!
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:10 am

Oh, and the forecast for the entire upcoming winter: Perfect (rock) climbing temps, clear skies, and no snow.

No snow.

No snow.
mitchleblanc

Postby mathieu » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:22 am

You bunch of whinny brats.
Well here its been just great, my first day of work -15, the second day -18 and today starts off at -30. Oh did I mention that I work 10+ hour shifts outside and that I spend an average of 1 hour standing in one spot. You don't even stand around that long belaying someone.

you people make me sick

Mathieu (jealously reading about people climbing)
mathieu

climbing

Postby Ulysse » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Well I would rather be outside than sit in front of a computer for 17 consecutive hours, lucky you.

Well your lucky Mitch, what can I say, this winter hell is almost over. if you were here, you would just have to take-up ice climbing (and trad since there's not much bouldering in N.B.). When are ya moving to N.B.
Ulysse

Re: climbing

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:52 pm

Ulysse wrote:Well I would rather be outside than sit in front of a computer for 17 consecutive hours, lucky you.

Well your lucky Mitch, what can I say, this winter hell is almost over. if you were here, you would just have to take-up ice climbing (and trad since there's not much bouldering in N.B.). When are ya moving to N.B.

Ah... I'm gonna have to say never. Well, never in the winter, anyway, unless it's for a Christmas vacation! I think Vancouver is Canada's Wonderland for me! As for ice climbing... Well, I *have* done it, though usually in the company of a girlfriend; The freezing cold isn't the only cause of loss of common sense!

And anyway, you missed one option: Spend my entire winter indoors at UNB!
mitchleblanc

Return to New Brunswick