Like climbing? conservation? birds? land preservation?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Like climbing? conservation? birds? land preservation?

Postby Nature Trust NB » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:27 am

Want to help a threatened species while getting to climb all you want for a day?
Want to support preserving natural lands in New Brunswick?
Want to encourage the preservation of unspoiled Rock faces in the province?

Get involved in The Nature Trust of New Brunswick and Rock and Ice Club’s the Peregrine Falcon Climb-a-thon on Saturday, February 10, from 8 am to 8pm. ALL money raised by this event goes to forever preserving one of ten Peregrine Falcon nest sites in NB. Peregrines are considered threatened in Canada and in New Brunswick, and are still recovering from a brush with extinction.

As a climber- you can help in a variety of ways by doing any combination of the following- all three are encouraged!:
--You can help encourage and be a belayer/monitor for kids and new climbers who are out climbing for a cause.
--You can climb for a cause yourself! Register with the Nature Trust of NB and ask for a sponsor sheet. Raise money from family and friends who support you to climb to raise money for the preservation a Peregrine Falcon nesting site.
--Or, if you just want to climb- climb all you can to try to raise money from our corporate sponsors.

To help out, contact the Nature Trust of NB at naturetrust@ntnb.org or 457-2398. For more info check out the website http://www.naturetrust.nb.ca/peregrine.php
Nature Trust NB

How could I forget the PRIZES

Postby Nature Trust NB » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:52 am

I forgot to mention the incentives of helping out (besides the obvious warm fuzzies).
We are giving out great prizes- for giving lots of time (volunteering the most), energy (climbing the most), raising the most money, etc. Some people will be lucky enough to get goodies for just showing up!
We have shiny new day packs from the North Face, awesome climbing calendars from Rock and Ice magazine, free subscriptions to Rock and Ice and Gripped magazines, electronic speakers, gift certificates to area businesses, and more!
Nature Trust NB

climb a thon

Postby shannon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 pm

NB nature trust,

we just posted this event on Trailpeak.com under the climbing section. I used the bird photo, and I hope that's OK. Finally, it is linked to your main site. Sounds like a great event!
michael shannon Burt
East coast editor
trailpeak.com
shannon

Return to New Brunswick