Dorchester Bouldering

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Dorchester Bouldering

Postby max » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Hey all,

I'm grow up in sackville NB, about left for a bit and came back and loving climbing and paddling. I have started to scrub and put some bouldering problems up in Dorchester. They can be seem from the top of my fathers blueberry field and it takes 20mins to get to them. It is qutie concentrated and the boulders are all in a 800m radius. There are about 12 problems rate now for V0 to V2 but there is potential for 30-40 problems. The rock is moderate conglamerit/sandstone. If you want to get in there in the spring our summer to check it out. Let me know.

Cheers,

Max Fisher
max

Postby Pierre » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:39 pm

You've peaked my interest!

I won't mind getting in there sometime. It's always nice to have something close by to climb.

Pierre
Pierre

Postby max » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:02 am

Cool when things warm up send me a message and well head in there. There is also a spot I would like to check out off the walker road exsit that could have potenial climbing. It is alittle ways back in the woods but you can pretty much drive to it.
max

Postby DanR » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:35 pm

I'd love to go check out those boulders too. Let us know when you plan on going.. (once it warms up a bit of course!)
DanR

Postby max » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:27 pm

I'll post a message when I plan on going in and were we can meet. If there is a crew then we should get some brushes and tools to blaze and trail.
max

Postby cptsmith » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:34 pm

Max I'm really curious where it is you are talking about. I've been all over the area many times. Where is the Walker Rd exit? And which blueberry field. (I'm sure I've scavenged a few handfuls from his fields).

Are you talking about the little nook near the Steel Galvanizing plant/Wharf? Or is it even on the coast?

Let me know. I'm always in the area.

Mat
cptsmith

Postby max » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:38 pm

turn onto Cherry Burton road, then you hit the dirt rd and there is a green gate which is locked, this is the Blueberry field. from there you drive through the gate up to the upper field at the top of the field look straight across and you see a small rock band, that is the spot.
max

Postby max » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:25 pm

walker road exist is the exist before Sackville. You have to drive on an old road fora bit then park and hike for 5 minutes. I have been there yet so I'm not sure of the quality but I'm hopeing to check it out soon. max
max

Postby Pierre » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Is there any access issue we should be aware of?
Pierre

Postby max » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:51 pm

no I don't think so most of the land is logged, the road to the cliff is travelled be atvs alot. I also know a guy that has a camp extermely close to the cliff and has suggested I check it out. So I think things are ok on the Walker Road Cliff. As for the boulders it is fine as long as we respect the blueberry land we cross to get to the boulders it is all good.
max

Return to New Brunswick