CBCradio @ 800pm, story about a guy who fell

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

CBCradio @ 800pm, story about a guy who fell

Postby thicks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:32 am

I didnt get much for details, but the quote from the story was something I would call sounds rather biased. "Addicted to danger" I think came up. anyway just thought I would post to let people know the story is airing. It is listed "To Be Announced"

T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:45 am

Do you know if it is CBC1 or CBC2?
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:56 am

I guess I shouldn't have been so lazy and went to the CBC website first. :oops:

It looks like its on CBC 1. I wonder if they will play it here in Ontario or fill that slot with something different?
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Mountain_Marc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:46 am

Who's the guy??
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

can someone...

Postby Dee » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 am

...please post a link to the story?
Dee
Dee

Postby thicks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:24 pm

Chossmonkey, the internet is all about lazy, as am I. I judge you not.

The story was on Out Front(it is the submit your own story show cbc has). I thought it started at 800 but was mistaken. I did catch the last ten minutes between 850 and 900 though and from that point on the story had nothing to do with climbing and everything to do with a near death/bodily harm accident, which just happened to be climbing. My best wishes goes out to him and his family and couldnt imagine what they experienced from after the fall on. The climber was Matt Price, part two will deal with him waking up in the hospital and will be on tomorrow. Anyone looking to hear it tonight could just listen to cbc in a different time zone and catch it though.

Anyone catch the first of the story though?
Thicks
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:49 pm

It started at 8:45 here. You can probaly catch it later on one of the other stations. http://www.cbc.ca/listen/index.html#
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:58 pm

It started at 8:45 on the NET. I tried getting it on the radio but it was quite a bit ahead.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:10 am

I think it was the guy who fell that wrote in my accident thread on RC.com and we PMed a couple of times back and forth. Nathan took a look at his user name last night, seems that he hasn't logged on there for a month or so.

I'm actually more curious to hear the second part of the story, see if its about the long term recoverry or the short term. I just wonder how much better or worse off physically he is than me seeing as his accident was only a month before mine.

Hope he's doing well.
granite_grrl

Postby *Chris* » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:34 am

I did not hear it but just thought I'd point out that the CBC archives all their broadcasts online. For "Out Front" the site is http://www.cbc.ca/outfront/pastshows.html . They seem to be a few days behind so last night's show will probably be up next week. Cheers
*Chris*

Postby saF » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:14 am

They posted the podcast for part one of this story today:

http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/outfront_20070228_1734.mp3

saF
Scott Ferguson
Cornwall, PE
saF

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 am

Got to listen to part two last night. It was a little odd listening to something that reflects my own 6 months so well. There were differences as well....I think it makes a big difference I'm married to a serious climber. He was talking about thinking of going back to climbing on the radio while I was climbing on the home wall. But when he chooses he will only have his own pace to deal with, I have someone else always there that pushes me (which can be great, but also can be hard).
granite_grrl

Return to New Brunswick