Anyone for Skiing in the chic chocs?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Anyone for Skiing in the chic chocs?

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:18 pm

Hello all, A friend of mine just sent me this message and it sounds like a great opportunity!

Quoting Natalie Thivierge <nataliethivierge@hotmail.com>:

> Hello, I have a strange request. My name is Natalie and I am a Kin\Rec student at
> UNB. I was planning on going to the Chic Choc mountains in The Gapesee park Quebec
> for my March Break. Its a five day Cross country ski trip (hut to hut). The two
> people that I was supposed to travel with cancelled and everything is already paid
> for (non refundable). I was wondering if you knew of anyone that woudl be
> interested? The cabin cost is all covered so the only expense would be food and
> gas. I don't have a car so if someone is interested and doens't have a car rental
> cost could be split. The park is a five hour drive from Freddy Beach. The dates are
> the 8, 9, 10 and 11 of March. We would have to get there on the Monday to start
> sking on tuesday. Here is the web site for more
> info. http://www.sepaq.com Could you please spread the word to any Cross country skier
> that you might know. The cabins are reserved for three people so there are two spots
> avaible.
> If you know of anyone just ask them to email me (0r if you have any questions)
> Thanks,
> Natalie
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby mathieu » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:46 pm

Oh man i'd be all over that if I was back east. I know two health nutz that just got a pair of xcountry skis, too bad they bought skate skis.
mathieu

Postby DanR » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:40 pm

I'd be into a trip like that for sure, but a week off work last minute is hard to get! Anyone with skis should jump onto this trip.. wicked terrain in the chic-chocs, and it's almost impossible to get cabins from now to the end of winter, even if you do pay. And they are gettin a good dump of snow last few days.

Dan
DanR

Return to New Brunswick