CFB Gage

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

CFB Gage

Postby Ken p » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 am

Wall is open Wed. but still should call ahead. Lots of new routes for the sport wall, possibly new top rope routes today.
Ken p

Postby Fred » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:22 am

yahoo!!!!!

I'm there wed fo sho. 8)
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Bryce » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:20 pm

how old do you have to be to climb?
-Bryce
Bryce

Postby Pierre » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:22 am

If you have to ask maybe your not old enough..
Pierre

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:42 am

anyone can climb at Gagetown but I suspect if you are under 18 you have to have a legal guardian present. I'm speculating though
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Pierre » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:52 am

Bryce

Since your in Amherst, NS - I believe it shorter for you to drive to Halifax to climb indoors.
Halifax has several places to climb indoors. (Rock Court, Beyond Gravity, Ground Zero ).

later
Pierre

Postby Bryce » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:09 pm

I'm 14.
My father owns a 40 FT Cruisers yacht and we keep it in the Gagetown docks. I go up boating every weekend. Now I can have something to do when i'm bored. Its just in the main base I presume.
Does any of the Halifax places have websites?
-Bryce
Bryce

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:18 pm

it's at the base gym

I think they are open Monday, Wednesday, Saturday 6:30pm-9:00pm
Fred
Site Admin

Gagetown climbing gym

Postby Lisa-the-NP » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:22 pm

So let me get this straight, our access to a local climbing area has been restricted by DND, and we are treading lightly regarding the subject, yet we are frequenting their climbing wall???!?!?!? Doesn't quite make sense to me, maybe someone could explain.
Cheers,
Lisa
the difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination - tommy lesorda
Lisa-the-NP

Postby mitchleblanc » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:32 pm

Well, it's highly, highly unlikely that the guys who run the gym have absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the Canadian Forces regulations on access to their land...

Are you saying we should for some reason boycott the gagetown wall?
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby mitchleblanc » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:33 pm

damned no edit function.. I mean "anything" , not nothing.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

john

Postby john » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:21 am

Lisa,

It should be known that the people running the Gagetown Wall do not have anything to do with the decision and are fully supporting our cause in reaching a mutually beneficial civilian-military land use agreement regarding the concerned areas. As I have said previously we are still waiting for their officail position to be stated in written form, to the UNB Rock and Ice Club. Until then we just want to be positive and as accomadating as possible. Regarding the use of their indoor facility, it is a great idea to continue to use it, since it clearly demonstrates to all parties a symbiotic relationship between the Base and community climbers. By "us" continueing this use it only strengthens our position. I believe a agreement will be reached, and when more details are known I will let everyone know. Until then I encourage this forum to be used only for positive discussion regarding the subject. Negativity can be construed by those who don't understand the situation as lack of unity and group cohesivness on "our" (climbers) part. Lisa these comments are not dircted at you, you have just brought up a point that needed to be addressed. Concluding, use of the Gagetown facility will likely only benefit our position as long as we represent ourselves well on the Base premisis.

john bowles
john

Postby Ken P » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:58 am

Your right John, we have to stick together. The Club in Gagetown is as suprised as anyone, and has sent a letter inquiring on the status of the land in question and some possible solutions. Hopefully, together both clubs can generate enough positive input that this can be resolved soon.
Ken P

Re: CFB Gage

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:24 pm

Ken p wrote:Wall is open Wed. but still should call ahead. Lots of new routes for the sport wall, possibly new top rope routes today.

i didn't see no stinking new routes! :(

Postby Shawn B » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:43 pm

look at the date of the original post - Mar8th. they were changed then. and thanks to those who changed them. it is a lot of work.
Shawn B

Return to New Brunswick