looking for places to climb around Moncton

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

looking for places to climb around Moncton

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi i have a huge intrest in climbing but have no gear, little experiance or know of any places to climb around Moncton. Is there anyone out there who can help me?
Anonymous

Postby motanb » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:57 pm

As far as I know there is little quality stone in the Moncton region. However, in the Saint John greater area you'll find an abundance of quality rock; the best rock in the province. If you'd like me to show you the ropes and tour the area in greater Saint John, I'd be more than happy to do so.
I have plenty of extra gear to loan you i.e. harness,shoes, chalk bag etc.
Let me know,

Thomas
motanb

Postby DanR » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:38 pm

There is a small climbing community around moncton. Few half descent spots to boulder, but nothign really of quality. Closest areas are dorchester and beaumont, and there is a few boulders around hillsborough. There should be small wall oppening soon, so that'll be a good spot to meet moncton climbers and know what's going on. The best areas are still outside of here. You have to drive at least 2 hours to get good rock!
DanR

Postby thicks » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:50 pm

Man if I lived in TO I would give money to be able to drive just 1.5 hours to find good rock. Count our blessing I think. But we are out there in the moncton area, drop me a email sometime and we can get you introduced to the moncton crew.
cheers
( tyler dot hicks AT gmail dot com -with no spaces)
thicks
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby Meej » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:28 am

Small wall opening soon in Moncton?
Keep it casual.
Meej

Postby thicks » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:17 pm

one or two ducks to get in a row before I swear to anything but we are keeping it casual.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Return to New Brunswick