If It Ain't One Thing...

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

If It Ain't One Thing...

Postby *Chris* » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:37 pm

... Than it's another.

Please note that a young Turkey Vulture is present in a nest within the boulders at base of D-Day & Most Unprecedented. Since I'm told that this is only the 3rd known nest site within NB I suggest that we try and avoid harassing the chick as it won't be old enough to fly for about another month. Perhaps for now it would be best to keep your dogs on leash in that area.

Really, you'll be doing yourself a favour. This is one smelly, ugly, hissing, and spitting baby. It is surrounded in vomit and filth and smells about as bad as a city dump. Friendly comparisons to other babies are welcome; but not necessary :lol: . Thanks.
TVChick.JPG
TVChick.JPG (91.53 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
*Chris*

Re: If It Ain't One Thing...

Postby STeveA » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Ain't he (she) cute. Lets keep this one to ourselves, eh! No need to bring attention to it, and I am sure we able quite able to look after this little guy ourselves.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:12 pm

mahybe we should delete this thread. we don't want to loose access to our crag agian.
Andrew

Postby martha » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:05 pm

*Chris* wrote: This is one smelly, ugly, hissing, and spitting baby. It is surrounded in vomit and filth and smells about as bad as a city dump. Friendly comparisons to other babies are welcome; but not necessary :lol: . Thanks

hahaha Well, I know lots of climbers who act like babies, hiss, vomit, smell and are ugly... hahaha....
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby *Chris* » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:35 pm

Andrew wrote:mahybe we should delete this thread. we don't want to loose access to our crag agian.

Well that is a mature and responsible response. Thanks for your input. :?

Turkey vultures are not Peregrine falcons. They are not a protected species, nor should they be. They are common throughout the southern states and are simply on the northen extreme of their range in NB. In any event, it's not as if vultures in Welsford are a big secret. The adults are spotted nearly every day.

Please just keep a respectful distance if you happen to be in the area. If the bird is hissing and vomiting at you... it's probably a pretty safe bet that you're too close.
*Chris*

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:27 pm

That's all good then.

Who knows what animal is endangered these days. I'm no biologist :P

I'm just a little scared to loose our crag again. Cocrhane Lane's my fav. place to be in the summer.

Andrew

*Chris* wrote:
Andrew wrote:mahybe we should delete this thread. we don't want to loose access to our crag agian.

Well that is a mature and responsible response. Thanks for your input. :?

Turkey vultures are not Peregrine falcons. They are not a protected species, nor should they be. They are common throughout the southern states and are simply on the northen extreme of their range in NB. In any event, it's not as if vultures in Welsford are a big secret. The adults are spotted nearly every day.

Please just keep a respectful distance if you happen to be in the area. If the bird is hissing and vomiting at you... it's probably a pretty safe bet that you're too close.
Andrew

Return to New Brunswick