Feathers

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Feathers

Postby Fred » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:24 pm

For those of you who may be interesed in climbing "Feathers" I just spent part of the afternoon cleaning it. It's a fantastic line but man is it ever hard. I wouldn't be shy to give it 5.11d maybe 12a. I had heard it was way harder than the grade it was given: 5.11a. Felt harder than Montezuma's. A couple of the holds broke off near the bottom which may have made the route harder. I don't think anyone has been on this route in 10 years judging by how dirty it was. I'll be back when the temps get colder to send it.

Has anyone ever been on this route? Check it out.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Feathers

Postby PaulB » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:57 pm

I remember watching Mark float up it, and being very, very impressed. Even when it was new, I don't think many people ever got on it.
PaulB

Postby bns » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Right after it was put up I managed to RP it with my grigri as belay. That was exciting!! I remember staying at the top crux for like 10min before I commited to the sequence.
Very good route.
zig
bns

Postby martha » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:14 am

bns wrote:Right after it was put up I managed to RP it with my grigri as belay. That was exciting!! I remember staying at the top crux for like 10min before I commited to the sequence.
Very good route.
zig

Sheesh Zig, it is too bad you don't still rope climb...you might be good at it. ;)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to New Brunswick