FFa Solstice

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

FFa Solstice

Postby john » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:13 pm

Solstice 80ft M(2) Rap Station

Climb the large arch as for Mon Premier French Kiss breaking through the roof at a vertical crack at the lip continuing up the face above past 2 bolts to a rap station.

FFA August 21, 2007

Bit of History:

Bolted by Ulysse Richard 2005? 5 bolts - 3 below the roof (only 2 have hangers) 2 above the roof. Only the 2 above the roof are needed, the gear is perfect in the arch, the 3 below the roof should be removed. Only 2 above the roof were used for the FFA, the bolts below the roof actually would make it more awkward.
john

Re: FFa Solstice

Postby martha » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:02 pm

grade confirmation?

nice work by the way.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby motanb » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Nice send John!! Congrats.... Shawn Beathune and myself first scoped the line and I TR'd it a few times breaking through the roof but never getting beyond (at the time we never cleaned it); this was back in june 21st 1999 ( hence the current name).
At the time I recall thinking that it was a distinct line with great potential; now that that potential has become realized Its great to reflect from those initial beginnings to your ffa. I'd like to redpoint it eventually but I'm not certain my fingers could handle the strain, We'll see. ttyl
Thomas
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:12 pm

lol, you are so modest, Tom :)

motanb wrote:Nice send John!! Congrats.... Shawn Beathune and myself first scoped the line and I TR'd it a few times breaking through the roof but never getting beyond (at the time we never cleaned it); this was back in june 21st 1999 ( hence the current name).
At the time I recall thinking that it was a distinct line with great potential; now that that potential has become realized Its great to reflect from those initial beginnings to your ffa. I'd like to redpoint it eventually but I'm not certain my fingers could handle the strain, We'll see. ttyl
Thomas
Andrew

Return to New Brunswick