From the Dessert to Patagonia and more

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

From the Dessert to Patagonia and more

Postby Ulysse » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Just got back to Canmore from an awesome little trip in the dessert. We climbed around Moab, spending some time at the creek and some of the towers. If ever any of you are in the area, check out some of the formations in Castle Valley. Also Primerose Dihedrals in the Canyonlands is just out of this world. The bouldering is fun too, one problem called the Crack House, an 80' roof with a hand crack 5' off the ground makes for a fun day. Later we drove to Red Rocks for a few days so that we could climb Herbst/hamilton route on the Rainbow wall. If there is ever a climb to do, that is the one. The climb is graded 14 p grade V 5.12b but is not that sustained, with a few short crux moves your mostly having fun on low 11 terain most of the time. Just Bring a singe rack with a double set of aliens or tcu's since there's much fixed gear. One 70m rope makes it back to the ground. That line is probably the best line I've ever been on.
A few days later we (Andy and I) found ourselves in Zion. After beeing stuck behind a party and finishing an aid climb in the dark and a few free climbs later. It was getting cold. We drove back to Canmore for the ice season, now in full swing.

Im hopefull that the climbing over the past month will be enough to blitz up the Cassarotto Pillar of Fitroy a 40 Pitch ED3 5.11+M5 in good style. Julie and I will be leaving for Argentina next Thursday for a little bit adventure and climbing. The North Pillar will be the biggest project to date since roping up in Welsford almost 10 years ago.

Julie and I got engaged and will be moving back to Saint John in 2008. Looking forward to seeing everyone and roping up again at the lane.
Ulysse

Re: From the Dessert to Patagonia and more

Postby martha » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Holy Crap Ulysse! Engaged!!! Congrats to you and Julie!!! Yay, more climbers joining the ranks of the married. woooot!!! I look forward to a party!

When you coming home for a visit? anytime soon?

oh yeah.. your climbing adventures seem pretty sweet too... can't wait to see pictures!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Re: From the Dessert to Patagonia and more

Postby john » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:19 am

I am glad she is bringing you back to saint john :)

Good luck in patagonia I am jealous
john

Return to New Brunswick