New England Ice - Partner Needed

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

New England Ice - Partner Needed

Postby GregH » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Hey Guys;

Thought I'd post a note here and on NEICE.com as well. I've had a couple of partners bail on a quick jaunt up to Cannon this weekend and thought someone might be into a last minute trip to New Hampshire this weekend or a couple of days next week. Anyone up in NB wanna get some great early season ice in New England? I'm in Connecticut for the next few weeks and am anxious to get climbing. The Dike and Fafnir (among others) are fat right now. Steve A, Joe, Pat, Shaun????? Anyone????? I also might be looking for a partner somewhere around Dec 28 - 30 if any of you guys are into meeting in New Hampshire then.

Greg Hull
GregH

Re: New England Ice - Partner Needed

Postby Shawn B » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:32 am

Hi Greg
You just missed Joe and Chuck...they were there last weekend. I guess the line ups for the dike are wild. 6 parties waiting Joe said. They got there at 6 and someone was already ahead of them. They did fafnir due to a slow party in front of them on the dike. Denise and I are heading down there this weekend but are skiing. Big storm forecast for Sunday. Keepin my fingers crossed. If you are home after new years, Denise and I are headed to the Gaspe to ski (and climb if snow is not good) just after new years.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Re: New England Ice - Partner Needed

Postby Joe » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:04 pm

Hey Greg! Shite, it's too bad you're a week too late - Chuck and I had a good time in NH last weekend. Would have loved to do Cannon with you again. Yep, Cannon and Washington were very busy. Too damn many ice climbers now! But conditions were very good, althought the crux on Fafnir was thin and runout. Hell, I thought Vancouver would have made you too soft for NE ice by now! If you're in NB over the holidays, let's have a scotch - joe.kennedy@gnb.ca. Good luck this weekend. Joe.
Joe

Return to New Brunswick