passage in to Parlee

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

passage in to Parlee

Postby shannon » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:06 am

For anyone looking for the lower enterence to Parlee Brook Ice, I GPS'd it on Sunday, and posted it on Trailpeak with an update.

The 2D google map shows both routes. For those who post GPS content onthe site, they will be able to download that data.

...or if you ask nicely, I can give it to you!

Shannon
michael shannon Burt
East coast editor
trailpeak.com
shannon

Re: passage in to Parlee

Postby shannon » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:06 am

shannon wrote:For anyone looking for the lower enterence to Parlee Brook Ice, I GPS'd it on Sunday, and posted it on Trailpeak with an update.

The 2D google map shows both routes. For those who post GPS content onthe site, they will be able to download that data.

...or if you ask nicely, I can give it to you!

Shannon

Oops, here's the link:

http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Parlee-B ... ex-NB-2166
michael shannon Burt
East coast editor
trailpeak.com
shannon

Postby gwa » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Are there any landmarks for the Parlee Brook ice climbing area that can be seen from the logging road?

Last saturday a couple friends decided to snowshoe into Parlee Brook from the lower end to take a look at the ice. About 2-3 km's up the logging road we saw the large cliff face up on the left from the logging road. After that cliff were a couple other steep valleys. We hiked into the valley below the biggest cliff. We didn't find parlee brook but there was a sweet 20 foot hanging icicle 4 feet in diameter.

It was a great hike anyway. I'm looking forward to heading into that area again. thanks for the directions,

take it easy
Graham
gwa

Postby shannon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:08 am

We saw an ice flow behind a cabin. I don't remember the name of the climb though. We followed the road for a ways, and then bushwached off the road through some scrub. Basically following the creek. On Trailpeak, I have the GPS track and the Google map of our route in, either way. Just go into Trailpeak.com, and do a search for Parlee Brook ice and New Brunswick.

Darrell Steel showed us the way in last time we were there. Your discovery sounds interesting!
shannon B
michael shannon Burt
East coast editor
trailpeak.com
shannon

Return to New Brunswick