Ice this week?

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ice this week?

Postby joshp » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:27 pm

Hey,
I am in Moncton for the week and my ice partner is going back to Montreal tomorrow and I was hoping go to St-Martins for a day of coastal climbing. If anyone is interested let me know. I have 5 screws, rope, car and my personal gear. Or if anyone is heading somewhere else and needs a partner I'm always interested. You can email me at joshpelletier AT hotmail DOT com .
cheers
Josh
joshp

Re: Ice this week?

Postby darrell » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Paddler- Instead of continuing walking on the Parlee Brook Rd, you go up the rd right before the "Abby" hobbit building ( the Arnold hollow Rd). follow the directions below, and make sure you park well past the Abby house, where they stop plowing, as we don't want to interfer with the owner's parking!

Parlee Brook Rd, which is just a couple of kms before Poley mountain ski hill. Just park at the end of the road, where they stop plowing. Do not block the road totally in case a 4x4, ATVs want t ogo through / over the snow bank. You can then walk / ski (or probably drive in my 4x4) the 2.5 kms in the Arnold Hollow rd, where we start walking up the brook, that you find at the right edge of a large cleacut, to the hidden valley / climbs. Be respectful of the owner of the stone "Abby" building, at the end of the road - park past it a bit, where they stop plowing. However, if anyone tells you you are not allowed to go in the Arnold Hollw rd, just tell them they can phone the police if they like (in a nice way)- as you KNOW it is a public rd!
darrell

Return to New Brunswick