looking for partners

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

looking for partners

Postby Peabody » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Just posted to Gagetown and will likely be here for a year at least. Looking to get out on ice and rock when it's warm enough. I lead both rock and ice and have all the gear needed. I can be reached at dave.peabody@gmail.com
Peabody

Re: looking for partners

Postby Stacey » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:17 am

Welcome aboard Dave...great meeting you on Thursday at Gagetown...glad you found the board again.

Greg and I are heading to Parlee tomorrow with a gang...

hoping to find some ice in that little micro-climate...fingers crossed!

Stacey
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Re: looking for partners

Postby Fred » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 am

Hey Dave. Nice to meet you on Thursday.

Check out the links button above for some beta on local areas. There is an online ice climbing guidebook that you can download from Joe Kennedy's website and there is a hardcopy rock guidebook to NB you can buy at Radical Edge in Fredericton. This should get you to all the climbing in NB.

Right now we're in a stinky spot with the weather. Ice is probably ruined everywhere and too messy and cold to get on rock. Most are probably climbing indoors either at UNB, Gagetown or NBCCSJ.

There are few comps coming this winter. Also there is the NB Ice Festival down in Rothesay every year that you 'must' attend. A great way to meet everyone.

Keep checking-in here to hook up with some locals. You're in for some good rock climbing this summer.

cheers
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick